Bonus Chapter - Confessions from Captain Man's Daughter

Debbie's Diary; excerpt

You probably already guessed by now, but yes, I, Debbie Putch, am Captain Man's daughter.

If you think I wanted to be the daughter of Swellview's famous superhero, you'd be wrong. But I guess we don't choose our family.

I've known about Ray being my dad since day 1. My mom's husband, and I guess my stepdad, Ryan, is a great guy. But he's a normal guy, no powers. My mom met him right before getting pregnant with me, so he just assumed it was his and that was that.

No, my mom isn't a cheater. She's been with Ryan since that day and hasn't looked back since. Don't get me wrong, I love Ryan, and I still call him dad, but my mom has never hidden my true parentage, and I have to admit, it's easier to talk to Ray when I don't have to hide part of who I am. It's harder to talk to him now with all of my friends knowing him and stuff, but that's a separate problem.

Ryan is a good dad, and is always there for me, but he travels a lot for work, so my mom is mostly a stay at home mom. With her captured and Ryan out of town. It makes sense for me to stay with Sarah. If he comes back before my mom does, I'm really worried how that's going to go down.

None the least, yes, seeing Ray getting captured hurt, a lot. But Sarah and the others have no idea the truth, that he's my dad. So I can't do anything. My only hope is that whatever the plan Sarah was talking about having, will work. We don't even have any idea where her parents and my mom and Ray are.

Sometimes it's hard giving her the lead, especially since I'm more experienced in the superhero business. At least I think I am. I mean, sure I have no real fieldwork, but I'm super advanced in my powers, while she's not and she's only a sidekick, where as I've been training for much more.

I guess it depends on your leadership, integrity, courage and other big noble sounding words. Maybe I'm sounding like a Jedi now, haha! {A/N; GO SEE THE FORCE AWAKENS}

What do you think makes a hero?

Well hope this helps with your records diary,
-Debbie Putch

A/N: Trying something new, let me now what you think. Also, anybody seeing/has seen the new Star Wars movie? [NO SPOILERS] I have and it was soooo good! BB-8 is so cute! (BB keeps wanting to autocorrect to bob, wtf?)