25.Are you ok darling?

After a few hours I finally got him to leave. It was very kind of him to stay here and watch out for me, but I felt like I needed to be alone. He understood that, but I had to promise him that I would call if anything happened.

Suddenly my phone rang, it was Carlos. "Tessa." He said as soon as I picked up.

"Hey."

"Are you ok?" He asked sounding worried.

"Now I am." My answers were short, but I didn't know what to say. I wasn't mad at him. It was my own fault after all.

"I'm really sorry, I just had to tell Ryan. I was so worried about you." I smiled a little when I heard how panicked he sounded.

"It's fine Carlos, I'm glad you told him. He helped me a lot." A big relieved sight came through the phone.

"Thank god. I thought you would be furious." I laughed a little in reply.

"Well how are you, are you sure you're ok. Yesterday you were just all over the place." He must have worried a lot for me. At least that's what it sounds like.

"I had a lot to drink yesterday, that's all. Im fine now, I promise." I said reassuring him.

"That's good. So you're going to be fine then?" He asked again.

"Yes I'm going to be just fine Carlos. No need to worry." I don't know if I sounded convincing or not, but it was the truth. I was going to be fine. "

Is Ryan with you?" All these questions. He was really-really worried about me.

"No, he left a while ago." He barely let me finish before he asked again.

"Do you want me to come over? Because I can. If you want some company, that is?" He sounded kinda—nervous. I don't know why though. Did I say something weird last night. Maybe I just creeped him out.

"Carlos, I'm fine. I think I need to be alone for a little. But I'll see you at school tomorrow." He sighed in response.

I don't know what was going on with him. I must have said something. He was just acting really weird. "Are you sure? Totally sure. Because if you want company I can come. You just need to ask." I laughed a little again. I think he wanted to come here, to make sure I wasn't lying to him.

"I want to be alone."

"Ok, but call if you want me to come. Even if—," I didn't let him finish.

"Yeah-yeah, I'll call if I need anything. Bye now." He laughed a little nervously.

"Bye, ca—." I hung up before he could finish the sentence.

+++

Later on I still hadn't had dinner, and my stomach ached. I had almost nothing in my fridge. I sighed to myself and made cooked myself some good old pasta. That's something I could never get tired of.

A while back I worked at a bakery. I loved working there, but the thing was. I was failing school because of it. But now I really need the money. I barely have enough to pay for electricity.

I've debated wether I should start working there again or not. Right now I'm doing really good in school, and I wouldn't want to screw that up by start working again. But soon I'll have no choice but to do so. If I can't pay my bills then I won't have a place to stay anymore.

+++

The next day I woke up like usual, but when I was about to walk out of my house I heard a car pull up outside. I locked the door and went over to see who it was. I looked through the car window and found Carlos inside.