36.I'll reward you for it later.

I followed Ryan into our room and shot the door behind us.

He sat down on the couch and put his head in his hands. I could see how worked up he got about this. How much his brother got under his skin.

"It's ok Ryan." I said and sat down next to him. "No it's not!" He snapped. "It's not ok what my brother is doing to you. How he makes you feel."

"I know it's making you uncomfortable, Tessa. And that's not ok." I knew it wasn't. His own brother is purposely messing with him like that.

"I know that, but if you let him get under your skin he'll just continue." I said strictly back.

"But how am I supposed to not react when he says things like that to you?" His voice was a bit calmer now.

"Just let it go and he'll stop eventually." I wasn't sure he would. From the little I had seen of Nicolas it seemed he loved the sight of Ryan's misery.

"He won't." He realized it himself too and his whole body sunk.

I didn't know wha5 he was feeling or thinking, but I knew I wanted to help him. Because I hated seeing him like this.

"Come, let's go to bed." I said and guided him towards the bed. His body almost fell flat as we reached the bed.

Before I laid down next to him I turned off the light and locked the bedroom door. Wouldn't want anyone coming in if we were gonna sleep in the same bed.

As I laid down next to him he turned around to face me. His tired eyes sparkled in the almost fully dark room.

"We shouldn't have come here." Ryan finally said. I swallowed hard as I tried to speak.

"Don't say that." He means I shouldn't have come. If I had just stayed home he wouldn't be feeling like this right now.

"Next year we'll stay at your place." I couldn't help but smile as he said those words. 'Next year'

"Next year?" I just had to ask. Just to check I didn't imagine his words.

"Yeah. We'll wake up on Christmas morning, watch one of those cringe Christmas movies, and eat candy till we're sick of it." He stroke a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"And if the movie gets boring we'll make out on your couch till the good part comes." He paused thinking about what more we would do.

I smiled wider at every sentence he spoke. "We'll eat some of those Christmas cakes we made together a week before."

It was moments like these that kept me going, kept me happy and away from all my sorrow.

His gaze shifted to my lips and he leaned in to kiss them. I would let him have one.

Before I knew it his tongue slid into my mouth and I pulled back to look at him.

"Ryan, we can't do this right now." He should talk to me about his problems, not just shove them away.

His face sank. "Talk to me." He must understand that making love to me is not going to fix anything.

"I don't want to talk." He said and kissed me again. His hand slid to my thigh making it really hard to resist him right now.

I managed to pull away again and saw his eyes blank. "Ryan, please. This is not going to fix anything." He swallowed hard as he looked down.