chapter 08 | Gu Huan's bed

Gu Huan was in a middle of cooking ramen as his father had promised to buy meat to cook a much proper meal, yet who could've guessed, he hasn't returned. It feels like he doesn't have the intention to return. After completing his task of boiling the ramen, he put it onto a bowl and poured the rest of his own made ingredients in.

The ring bell sounded behind him. So, he dropped what he was doing and thought he may have cooked this ramen for nothing if his father had actually bought something. He entered the hallway and was about to approach the door when he spotted Yuyang standing by the opened door, fully drained and clearly stressed out.

Gu Huan stared at Yuyang and could spot the tears rolling down his cheeks along with the physical shivers causing his entire body to shake due to the cold and exhaustion. Not wasting a second Gu Huan rushed towards him, grabbed the doorknob and closed the door behind him. Then he grabbed Yuyang's wrist, threw him a quick scan and pulled him into his bedroom.

Yuyang stood in the middle of the room as Gu Huan was busy drying his hair off by brushing it over and over with the towel nearby, then he threw the wet towel aside and grabbed the wasted jacket Yuyang was wearing and began to undress him.

○○○

Gu Huan placed two bowls of freshly cooked ramen, a large plate of salad and lastly, meatballs. He poured both of them orange juice then called for Yuyang to come and eat, which he obediently did.

While sitting across from each other Gu Huan wasn't eating much, but was rather checking Yuyang out. His body was still shivering despite the home being warmed specifically for him, his left cheek was slightly bruised and his bottom lip had dry blood on it. Not to mention, his eyes were puffy.

Gu Huan wasn't used to this kind of situation and didn't quite know how to properly handle this issue, not knowing what might trigger the young master. So, to stay on the safe side he remained quiet.

"My dad ... slapped me", Yuyang whispered.

Gu Huan's eyes slightly lifted.

"I was called to check out what kind of meetings he generally has, they weren't easy to understand and when I told him as an answer - he didn't accept that and slapped me in front of everyone"

Yuyang tightened his grip on the chopsticks he was holding, which caught Gu Huan's attention too.

"He could've been understanding, but no. Instead he slaps me, is it my problem that I didn't understand everything? I'm still young and learning"

Gu Huan continued to listen carefully, not wasting time on eating.

"I'm so tired of that man"

Yuyang whispered these words since the tears he's been holding in were too much to bear and sometimes the water bottle has to empty itself in order to carry more liquid. He sighed and let his head hang low as he dropped the utensils he held and ran his fingers through his hair in a frustratingly matter.

Gu Huan could no longer watch this and lowered his gaze.

"I'm sorry ... I made your day worse, now you're not even eating because of me", Yuyang wanted to release a chuckle and joke around to lighten the mood slightly yet instead he caused himself to start choking due to his sudden coughs. Gu Guan got up from his chair, walked across the table and grabbed Yuyang's arm.