chapter 022 | worry

Gu Huan was washing the dishes with gloves and after he was done, he organized the plates into the nearby cabinet. He threw these gloves aside and turned around. Once he turned around a hard slap smacked his cheek to the other side and this sudden action shocked Gu Huan. So, with wide opened eyes he stayed in that surprised and paralyzed state, while his father was glaring deadly at his son. "The secretary working for Mr. Yu told me that you are no longer needed for both job positions, are you shitting me? What have you done?!"

He remained quiet throughout the process of his father glaring and yelling at him. Although anyone in this situation would either cry or try to understand the situation properly, Gu Huan didn't even bother himself trying to understand his father's pointless intentions. It would always turn out this way; Gu Huan receives a job, works hard for his father and after getting fired would simply gets yelled at for being useless even though his father has been unemployed for years.

"What are you doing to do now?! You won't be able to find such a good paying job, how come he was so displeased with you?!"

Gu Huan had his eyes glued to the floor and his lips were practically locked with one another, not wanting to say anything any further to this man since anything that may be said may oppose or go against his father's words, so to spare the stress and the growing anger inside Gu Huan held himself back.

"Talk to him, apologize. Do you understand me?"

After not receiving an answer his father grabbed an alcoholic drink from the fridge before giving Gu Huan a few seconds of death glares and leaving the kitchen quietly.

Gu Huan inhaled some oxygen, feeling relieved to finally being able to breath once again. He exhaled deeply, then pulled his phone out from his pocket and unlocked it.

He hadn't received anything from Yuyang ever since he returned home yesterday, which slightly worried Gu Huan. Normally he would text him with a random nude, a flirty text or complain like he always did about whatever his father had done in the early morning, yet this day nothing happened. Deeply inside, Gu Huan hoped to receive anything from Yuyang, yet nothing.

He decided to change the routines and text him first, which he had never done or intended to do. However after sending a short text simply asking if something happened yesterday, but the only thing Gu Huan witnessed was a small tick which suggested that the receiver didn't even have internet connection.

He sighed.

What's going on?

What's going on?

○○○

Growing intensely worried Gu Huan couldn't simply sit at home and not do much, so he got up and stepped out of his bedroom. "Gu Huan"

He stopped in his tracks and turned around. "Mr. Yu?"

To be Continued...

Thank you for reading!~♡

♡ Please leave a vote and ♡
♡ comment your thoughts ♡