chapter 017 | dark mode

Since when can eyes gain weight?

Yuyang questioned within his mind as he groaned loudly out of frustration and tried to open his eyes. His vision was blurry, yet once it got clearer after blinking a few times, he noticed how his bedroom was dark and through the window he wasn't able to see anything due to the darkness surrounding the world outside. He could feel something hurting his wrist as soon as he moved his body slightly. After glancing down, he spotted a needle in his wrist which was attached to a bag of some strange liquid. He didn't bother to know what it was, hoping it would be toxic so that he wouldn't have to confront his father again.

Seeing how hopeless his last conversations with his father were, he knew he didn't belong in this life anymore. It was basically useless trying to get through that man, he was made out iron and talking to him makes Yuyang feel like he's yelling at a wall.

Nothing gets through and it doesn't give a fuck about it's surroundings. It stays at it's place and refuses to accept changes around it, unless you tear it apart completely and remove it out of your life.

That's his father.

Yuyang chuckled at this thought, then heard footsteps nearing his door. He shifted his eyes towards the door and observed as the door was opened.

Yuyang rolled his eyes and looked away. "How are you feeling?"

His father stepped inside and closed the door behind him.

Yuyang remained quiet.

"Seeing how you have the energy to ignore your father means you're feeling better, that's good"

"Has your heart melted seeing me drop like that or has your stone of a heart actually started to care about the only thing holding your DNA?" Yuyang glared.

Yu Ming walked across the bed, then sat down at the edge of the bed. He sighed and seemed like he had a lot to say, yet didn't know how to form them in words.

"Yuyang, no matter what happens you're still my son"

Yu Ming shifted his eyes to the side and noticed how Yuyang's expression didn't loosen and instead darkened at the words his ears had to endure to hear. Hearing these words were making Yuyang's blood boil and causing for them to climb upstairs and wanting to escape from his mouth.

"An ordinary son would melt from these words, but I've known you long enough to know that whatever you say is simply a bunch of nonsense and bullshit" Yuyang lifted himself up, grabbed the needle supporting his body and harshly ripped it from his wrist. His father's eyes widened at the sight of blood pouring from his wrist and watched as Yuyang got out of bed and walked in a rather struggling way towards the door.

"You're hurt Yuyang" With pain filled eyes his father stood up and turned to share an eye contact with his son. Yuyang couldn't help himself as he busted out laughing, yet due to the laughter he was releasing his headache increased. He held his head with the uninjured hand and continued on laughing through the pain. "Seeing you actually starting to care is simply fake for fucks sake"

After a few minutes of silence and the only sound that could be heard was Yuyang's heavy breathing, he used his entire bodyweight to slam against the door and step out of the room.

He was struggling to walk down the stairs, however at the lowest floor he spotted a familiar figure standing there staring at him with wide opened eyes. His heart got warmer as he recognized the figure and stopped caring about his pain within and bolted down these stairs to wrap his arms around this person and hug them tightly.

"What happened?" Gu Huan asked out of concern, while also examining Yuyang's body thoroughly.

Yuyang smiled and felt like he was finally able to breath so, after a long exhale he closed his eyes and trusted Gu Huan's strength with his bodyweight as his vision darkened and everything turned into dark mode.

To be Continued...

Thank you for reading!~♡

♡ Please leave a vote and ♡
♡ comment your thoughts ♡