ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1

☆☆☆

What does it mean to be responsible?

Yunho has been wondering this for years now.

Ever since his parents died, he was responsible for himself and his little sister.

He had carried this responsibility for years even though he was practically still a child and only knew this term from his parents. Although Yunho was already 20 years old, he felt like his life had stopped years ago. His parents died when he was still at school and everything has been different since then.

For a time, Yunho lived with his sister at his aunt's. He dropped out of school after the death of his parents and lost contact with his friends at that time. They didn't want to have contact to him. Everyone only knew him as a high school dropout. As a loser, as a depressed boy who didn't know how to smile. 

Of course it was all just rumors but Yunho felt that it was real and that he hadn't achieved anything in his life. He felt helpless without his parents, but he couldn't give up. He had his sister and he would do anything for her.

Back to his aunt, since she wasn't very young either and couldn't take care of them both, Yunho started to work. He did everything to keep her afloat as he wanted at least his sister to have a normal life. He didn't want her to be treated the same way as he was. She was eleven and was supposed to have a normal childhood, even if her parents were gone.  Yunho didn't want his sister to lose her smile like he did.

When Yunho turned 18, he moved out with his sister and got an apartment. They had everything they needed, and even though he worked day and night, Yunho was happy as long as his sister was okay. His aunt got worse and worse after a while and someone had to take care of her too. Since Yunho didn't have a particularly good job, he eventually had to do several to get money. Every day it felt like he had done something wrong and even though he had his sister, Yunho felt alone and lost in this cruel world.

 "Yunho!", the 20-year-old suddenly heard his little sister's voice, which tore him out of his thoughts.
He got up from the couch and went over to her to see what was going on. She sat smiling in her room. "Today my teacher praised me for always being so good and for being a very good student," she said happily. Yunho smiled as well.  "Well done, Yumi," he said proudly and gave her a kiss.

Yunho and Yumi's parents called them for a reason like that. Back then, the name Yunho stands for "Destiny". They wanted Yunho's sister's destiny to be in his hands. They wanted him to take good care of her and be not just a brother, but also a friend. Because of this, his parents named his sister Yumi. Yumi stands for "the reason". She should be the reason for him to be happy and move on. That he's doing his best. His parents wanted Yunho and Yumi to be there for each other from the start. So it's obvious that Yunho worried about her the most, especially since their parents died.

"I am going to work now. Don't forget to eat and brush your teeth. And you will go to bed at nine." Yunho said.

She took her brother's hand. "Yes I know."  Yunho stroked her hair and brought her to the table to eat. Before he left, he put her notebooks on the table.

"Pack it up or you'll forget it. See you in the morning. I love you Yumi."
The little girl nodded. "I love you too, Yunho."  Then he left the house and left her alone. He was ready to go to one of his many jobs and had to swallow because not all his jobs were as easy as they seemed.

.......

His way led him to a building that he knew too well. He took out his card and unlocked the door. Then he got his things from a small room in the hallway. 

Yunho was more than embarrassed about this job, so he hadn't told his sister what he was doing. He would like to just quit, but it was the job that made him the most money. He put on yellow gloves and started in the kitchen as usual. 

The house he was cleaning in belonged to a rich man. But he was almost never at home when Yunho came to clean, which is why he barely knew him. He knew he had several houses and therefore probably wasn't home that often. Yunho started cleaning as usual and sighed. Sometimes he would have loved to run away and toss everything. He wanted to finally escape his life. But then he thought of his sister. He had to stay strong, she was all he had and because of that he couldn't give up. 

By the time the black haired boy was done with everything, it was already in the middle of the night. He went to the entrance area and, as usual, took the money off the shelf. There was a small piece of paper next to the money. He took it and read it.

"I'll be away for the next few days. My brother will come into the house to check everything, so make an effort!"

He sighed and put the note into his pocket. As if he wouldn't try to do his best always. He left the house and checked his watch. It was now three o'clock in the morning. He took out his hat and started walking.

These rich people really only cared about their money. Did they even know how hard work was, thought Yunho to himself while going back. They say that money doesn't make you happy, but that's not true. At least they can eat and buy a house. He wanted to continue to feel sorry for himself inside, but then he remembered what his aunt had once said. She said you should always be happy for what you have, no matter how much it is. There would always be people who have more or less, but if you only pay attention to what you have yourself, you would be happy.

He wishes everything was so easy as she said. But it was hard to think positively.

He was turning into a side street when he suddenly heard a loud noise. Usually he wasn't scared of the dark, but something felt weird. He started to walk faster. At the end of the street he was able to spot a few figures. Probably some drunk. Yunho stopped for a second and wondered if he should go back. But the only way to get to his home was through this street. 

Yunho it isn't the time to be afraid, he thought and hesitantly walked on. He looked at the floor and tried to walk past them quickly, but unfortunately their attention was right on him. 

"Hey boy, do you have any money for us?" One of those who sat on the floor called out. Even if he had money he would never give it to them, he thought again and continued walking. "Do you hear badly somehow?" Shouted another. One of them got up now. Yunho screwed up his eyes and turned to them.

"I have no money," he said and wanted to go on.

"You don't look like that. You are definitely one of those rich people who live up there. All bastards who think they can do anything just because they have money." He  swallowed. 
"I have no money for you guys," he repeated because he didn't know what else to say. One grabbed Yunho's jacket and pressed him against the wall. "Let go of me." Yunho said directly and tried in vain to free himself from his grip. 

"Asshole, we know you have money."  Before he could say anything else, Yunho was beaten and at some point he went black ...

_____________________________________

If you want write me a feedback!

See you