ᴘᴀʀᴛ 22

"I have to tell you something, Yunho." Mingi said, his voice sounding dejected.

.....

Yunho looked at Mingi intently and then to his laptop, which was still open. "What's going on?" he asked again. Mingi took a deep breath.

"Well, before I met you, I applied to a music university. It was always my dream to produce music, I just had to finish school first, my parents said. To be honest, I didn't think that the university would answer at all." Mingi sighed again and looked at Yunho apologetically. "But they emailed me yesterday that I succeed and can start next semester."

Yunho nodded. "I'm happy for you." He said. He was happy that Mingi at least had dreams and something he would like to do.

"But there is a problem." Yunho looked up again. "What is it?" he then asked. "The university is in London. Before we met, I always wanted to study abroad."

Yunho didn't know what to say. Would Mingi leave him again? Would he be alone again then?

Mingi saw Yunho's worried look and immediately took his hands. "Yunho, if that's a problem for you, then I'm not going. You're more important to me than that." Yunho immediately shook his head. "You should follow your dreams." Yunho looked down. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you anything about it, but to be honest I kind of forgot about it and didn't think I'd get an answer." Mingi said. Yunho looked back at Mingi.

"You're not leaving me, are you?" Mingi stroked Yunho's cheek with his hand and looked at him. "Of course not. If you want, you can continue to live in my apartment and I can come here during my vacation?"

Yunho's thoughts whirled in all possible directions. The thought of staying here alone didn't feel right or good. This apartment wouldn't be the same as it was with Mingi. Yunho's life wouldn't be the same without Mingi. Yes Mingi gave him hope and joy, but Yunho had no idea how to live alone. He felt like a little boy all over again who needed help from others and as much as he hated it he couldn't deny it. He couldn't live alone. And Mingi was the only one he wanted to be with. The only one who showed him what life means.

"Yunho?" Mingi asked because he seemed lost in his thoughts since a while. Mingi took Yunho's face in his hands. "Don't worry so much again. I won't leave you and if you don't want to be alone then I'll stay here."

Being alone or ruining Mingi's dream? Yunho didn't know which was worse.

"And what if I come to London with you?" Yunho asked after a while and looked expectantly at Mingi.

"You would really do that?" Mingi asked. Yunho nodded slowly. "Apart from maybe San, I don't have anything that keeps me here anyway. Maybe it's even better if I'm away from this place to forget everything. You are everything to me Mingi, I would even go with you to the end of the world. Unless you don't want it or I'm annoying you, then of course I'll stay here." Mingi immediately shook his head and pulled Yunho closer to him. "Of course not Yunho. I wouldn't wish for anything more than to have you by my side, I just don't want you to regret it. What if we ever have a fight? Then you went to another country because of me. Besides, you have nothing in London but me and this is your home here. I don't want you to give up something that big for me."

Yunho took Mingi's hands in his own. "My home is where you are Mingi. I don't have anything that keeps me here. And I would go anywhere for you. Even if we fight in the future for now, it was worth it to me. You are my here and now."

Mingi smiled and kissed Yunho's forehead. "But only if you are absolutely sure." Yunho looked at Mingi.

Yes, maybe it was rushed and yes, maybe he would give something up for Mingi, but nothing in Yunho's life was more important than Mingi. And Mingi was the only way Yunho could finally find out who he was and what he would like to do.

"I'm sure and like you keep telling me, stop thinking so much. The future is the future. We don't know what's going to happen, but I know that I can only be happy with you, so I would go anywhere with you."
Mingi took Yunho in his arms and hugged him.

"Yunho?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

Yunho's cheeks immediately turned pink, luckily Mingi couldn't see it.

"I love you too Mingi."

Yes, maybe those words were a bit hasty, but it was exactly what both of them were feeling at that moment and nothing and nobody could ever replace that feeling.

....

A few weeks had passed. Yunho looked around for job offers in London. He found a small cafe near the apartment Mingi had bought. Yunho had promised Mingi to earn money to at least pay some of the rent. It wouldn't be easy, Yunho knew that, but he would do anything to finally live a happy life.

He clicked on apply and a little later he sent off his application. It wasn't the best option, but since he had little previous experience, Yunho was lucky to get a job at all.

Yunho closed the computer and walked into the living room where Mingi was packing boxes. "San and Wooyoung invited us to dinner. Kind of a goodbye dinner.", Mingi said when he saw Yunho. Yunho hugged Mingi from behind and kissed his neck. He was happier than ever. Grinning, Mingi turned around and took Yunho in his arms. This boy was who Mingi had always been looking for, although he didn't even know it until recently.

A little later, the two sat in San's living room and ate together with San and Wooyoung. Wooyoung had moved in with San and although they often argued you could see how happy they were. "How long have you been together?" Mingi asked amused, since somehow he hadn't noticed anything before.

Wooyoung shrugged and took San's hand. "We don't really know either, it just kind of happened."

San had to laugh. Jongho actually apologized to San and hasn't contacted him since. On the one hand San was a bit sad but also really relieved. And as long as Wooyoung was with him, he couldn't have been happier.

All of them ate together
the dinner and they were the four happiest people that night.

....

At midnight, Yunho and Mingi fell into their bed. Mingi looked at Yunho and Yunho looked at Mingi. "I've never been so happy.", Yunho said and Mingi nodded in agreement. "In two days we are going to London. I promise you everything will be fine and our new life will not be like your old one. Everything will be different Yunho."

Yunho smiled and put his arm around Mingi. "Even if you were lying, I would believe you every word."
Mingi had to laugh and snuggled up to Yunho.

And right at that moment, Yunho finally felt like he had found the meaning of his life.

At that very moment he could finally forget all the problems and shadows from his past.

At that very moment his soul was free and happy.

Right at that moment he was the happiest person in the world and whatever the future might bring, Yunho was ready.

He was ready because he had Mingi.

Mingi, the boy with the most beautiful smile in the world.

Mingi, the boy who lit up his world with his presence alone.

Mingi his best friend, his family, his boyfriend, his everything.

Mingi the boy who brought Yunho his smile and life back...

......♡......

_____________________

Slide to the next page...