ᴘᴀʀᴛ 21

Mingi cleared his throat. His heart started pounding.

"Will you be my boyfriend Yunho?"

A silence fell over the room. "Are you serious right now?" Yunho couldn't believe what Mingi had just asked him.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" Yunho shook his head. "No, but I'm just your best friend and.. and what would your parents think?" Mingi smiled and stroked Yunho's hair. "Yunho you're not just my friend anymore or would I have made out with you otherwise? And stop worrying about my parents, they won't mind." Yuhno still looked worried. "But if you tell them you have a boyfriend, do you think they'll hate me?"

Mingi's hand went to Yunho's chin and lifted his head so that he was looking into Mingi's eyes. "They wouldn't hate you. I've already told them about you." Mingi cleared his throat. "Or rather, my mother saw through me and didn't believe me that you were just a friend." Mingi had to smile at the thought. "Honestly? And they are not angry?" Mingi shook his head.

"Why should they? It's my life. Even if they don't like it, I can like whoever I want.They tolerate me, and since I'm almost out of high school and top of my class, they wouldn't be mad about anything anyway. Yunho stop worrying so much about others. It's your life and you can decide how you live it. Ever since I've known you, I've wanted to be with you and make you happy. I didn't know what it was, but I'm sure now. I like you. And more than just my best friend."

Yunho's cheeks were starting to get hot. He would have expected everything but not this. "So what are you saying?" Yunho looked up again, confused. "Hm?" Mingi took Yunho's hands.

"Do you want to be my boyfriend? I know you said you just want to be friends, but I don't want to be just friends anymore. So what do you say?"

Yunho looked at Mingi. He couldn't believe it was true. He nodded shyly.

Mingi started smiling. "Was that a yes?" Mingi gently nudged Yunho's side, which made Yunho laugh. "Yes idiot. Of course I want to be your boyfriend." Again Yunho looked down in shame.

"Does that mean you're my boyfriend now? Yunho is Mingi's boyfriend?" Yunho had to laugh and hit Mingi slightly on the arm. "Yeah, and now stop talking about it."

Mingi squeaked happily and hugged Yunho, then started kissing his entire face. Yunho laughed and tried to push Mingi away...

....

Mingi and Yunho came into the living room together when it was getting quite late. San sat on the couch. "Hey everything alright?" he asked. Yunho nodded. "I'm going back to Mingi's now, but thank you for letting me stay here." San nodded understandingly. "No problem."

Before Yunho and Mingi could leave, however, San grabbed Yunho's arm and carefully pulled him aside. "Yunho, can I ask you something?" Yunho looked at him expectantly. "I know you don't have a good relationship with Jongho, but can you please talk to him. He just won't leave me alone. Maybe he'll leave me alone if you tell him to go away." Yunho thought for a moment. "Okay, I'll try to talk to him. I think I should clarify some things with him anyway." San hugged Yunho. "Thank you." Yunho nodded to him and then walked to Mingi to leave.

When they got back to Mingi's apartment, Mingi made Yunho a tea. "What did San want?" he asked curiously. Yunho dropped onto the couch. "That I talk to Jongho so that he leaves San alone. I think I'll meet up with him tomorrow. I still wanted to talk to him about what he told you anyway."

Mingi dropped onto the couch next to Yunho and clung to Yunho.
"Hey, what's that about?" Yunho said amused.

"How about we continue there where we stopped before my parents came?" Mingi started to grin and wiggled his eyebrows. Yunho pushed him slightly to the side. "Forget it, I want to eat cake and then go to bed. I'm tired." Yunho got up and got a plate.
Mingi also got up and pouted. Then he hugged Yunho from behind.

"Oh come on now that you're my boyfriend." His hands wandered under Yunho's t-shirt, but Yunho turned around and held the cake knife towards Mingi.

"Just wait and you'll be single again soon." Mingi pouted again. "How can you say that?" Mingi sat down at the table insulted. Yunho gave Mingi a piece of cake and kissed his forehead. "Don't pout and wait until tomorrow." Immediately Mingi smiled and ate the cake.

....

The next day, Yunho met with Jongho at the park not far from Mingi and San's apartment. Yunho was nervously standing at a bench when Jongho came and greeted him. Then they sat down.

"You wanted to talk to me?" Jongho asked. Yunho cleared his throat. "Yes. I want to know why you told Mingi such nonsense about me. You know exactly what happened back then." Jongho shook his head. "If that's all I can go now."

Yunho grabbed his arm. "Something else. Leave San and Wooyoung alone. I think your brother made it clear to you that he doesn't want anything to do with you, so leave him alone." Jongho turned to Yunho and looked at him seriously.

"This has nothing to do with you, so stop meddling." Again, Jongho tried to get up, but Yunho held him tight. "Yes you are right, it has nothing to do with me, but San is my friend. Jongho I know you'll never change. I also know that I hurt you back then, but you misunderstood me."

Jongho pulled his arm away and freed himself from Yunho's grip. "You did not hurt me. Yunho, do you honestly think you've ever meant anything to me?" Yunho sighed.
"I know you're just pretending you don't mind. It doesn't matter Jongho we can't undo the past. You wouldn't be here if you didn't need something. Whatever it is, stop bothering San with it. He doesn't need you and I know you don't need him either. Leave us all alone."

Yunho stood up, but this time Jongho stopped him. "You don't understand anything Yunho." Yunho pulled Jongho up by his collar to be on the same level with him. "I understand you better than you understand yourself and you know it. Your games are pathetic. Apologize to San and go away."

Yunho let go of him and walked away with quick steps. He felt sorry for Jongho, but Yunho remembered Mingi's words and he would no longer think about how others felt. Others who weren't interested in him anyway. Yunho would only listen to himself and to the people who were really important to him. Relieved, Yunho walked home and couldn't wait to see Mingi.

...

Mingi was already back home and was sitting at his desk in his room. He'd received an email and he wanted nothing more than to undo the opening of that email.

Yunho threw his jacket on the couch and happily walked into Mingi's room. He was just about to hug him when he saw Mingi's facial expression.

"What happened?" Yunho sat down in front of Mingi and looked expectantly at Mingi.

"I have to tell you something, Yunho." Mingi said, his voice sounding dejected.

.....

__________________________________

Stay tuned for the last chapter tomorrow♡