ᴘᴀʀᴛ 10

☆☆☆

Yunho was just enjoying the silence. He just had to get rid of his thoughts. Then he was interrupted by a familiar voice...

Yunho looked up and got goosebumps. The voice was coming from the father of Lia, Yumi's best friend. He was the same person who accused him of murder just a few days ago. Yunho quickly looked down. He couldn't bear to look into his eyes. Maybe somehow, deep down, Yunho knew that the accident wasn't his fault. Still, he felt like it was bis faul that three people died.

"I'm not here to argue."

Yunho looked up at the older man again. The man sat down on the bench next to Yunho. "How are you?" he then asked. Yunho looked at him confused. It was the last thing Yunho expected to hear from him.

"Um okay.", Yunho said uncertainly and rubbed his hands nervously. He didn't know what to say or how to say it. He had words that couldn't be said.

"I wanted to apologize for the other day in the hospital." Yunho vaguely recalled those painful memories. It felt like a dream that was slowly being forgotten, maybe it was because of the painkillers he had been given after the incident.

"I wasn't myself that day. Well, and I thought to myself, it doesn't have to be easy for you either. After all, your sister is also dead."

Again, Yunho didn't know what to say. He couldn't even imagine how the man next to him felt. Yes Yunho had lost his sister. But this man had lost his wife and daughter. Yunho couldn't imagine the immeasurable pain he must be feeling. Suddenly, a soft sniffle was heard from the man. Did he cry?

"I know you didn't kill her. It's just..." a short pause. Yunho wanted to say something, but nothing came. It felt like it was blocked.
"It's just so damn unfair." The man clenched his hands into fists. Yunho could feel his pain even if he wasn't looking at him. He couldn't look him in the eyes when he was really crying.

"It's so unfair.Why are they gone? Just like that? On the day my wife wanted to pick up Lia and Yumi because the two were waiting. I even offered that I could drive, but no, stubborn as she is, she has insisted on driving. She never drives a car otherwise. Her mother died in an accident too, she wouldn't drive.", the man took a deep breath. "But, on that day she had to leave. I know it's not your fault. You had your reasons why you couldn't pick them up. I know it. It's just my head that can't stop looking for someone to be in charge of. Someone that I take my anger out on. Someone to take my pain out on. Pain that has no words. You know how I feel."

...

Silence.

Tears flowed down Yunho's face.

He didn't know what to say or think. He understood the man's feelings so much that he felt the pain himself. He wasn't angry that he had called him a killer. Yes, he had his reasons not to pick up Yumi that day. Yes, everything that day had somehow gone wrong. But it was unfair.

Yunho took a deep breath. "I can be the culprit." The man looked at him confused, Yunho still looked on the ground.
"If you need someone to vent your sadness and anger then I can be the one and no you were right at the hospital. It was my fault. Accidents happen I know, but I also know that without me this accident would never have happened. So if you want to blame someone, blame it on me."

Yunho got up crying. "I Yunho am responsible for the death of everyone in this car. Including my sister and I will hate myself for it forever."

Yunho couldn't. He couldn't hold back his tears anymore. Weakly he fell to the ground and sat in front of the man. He couldn't even look at him and Yunho knew how weak that fact seemed.