XXVI.BUTCHERESS'S RETURN

A/N: I decided to publish this chapter today instead of tomorrow because it's Aera and Grisha's birthday. So enjoy.

(Year 850)

It was at the dead of night, a screeching Eagle flew away from the waterfall in swift. As the Butcheress of The Walls set foot outside. Her ashen hair flowed when a strong gust of wind has hit her. Aera closed her eyes as she silently smells the scent of nature.

After taking her time to be mesmerized by nature, a sudden voice came as it throbs her head.

"Go."

Aera opened her glowing iris golden eyes with a vengeful expression. "No turning back now..."

She puts on her hood from her cloak dress as she heard crows and bats swaying in the breeze. While walking through the dark forest, she sensed human beings nearby and a military base that belonged from the Military Police.

Her sickle was already placed on her hand, preparing for what the night will bring. It hasn't been used for two years along with her revolvers. She could hear Scorpio's neighing in Mitras, calling her forth, awaiting her in that place.

The fragments of an omen have been repeating nonstop. Polluted oceans, wastelands, bombarded cities, loud sirens, massacred children, and more. Aera planned to show these visions to Eren before convincing him, just so he will accept her plan.

If she gets the chance to travel time with him, they may unlock many secrets. Eren might have something to show her and maybe shows their father's memories.

Aera suddenly heard footsteps and sensed torchlights nearby. It was a group of soldiers, scouting the forest in hopes to find the Duchess. She leisurely walks past them with a calm demeanor.

Soon afterward, Aera could see that there are more soldiers roaming around. Countless of them, examining hiding spots. Aera stealthily walks past them, sensing more and more soldiers on her way. There were also bear traps everywhere, it wasn't for animals but it was for her.

She then saw Military bases everywhere, she climb onto a roof in swift, taking a look at the area. With one glimpse of the place, she sees a lot of resources that help the Military Police, there were also gunpowders inside crates, weapons displayed. There were also a lot of soldiers being posted on the roof.

For Aera, it would be a good idea to burn the whole place down without being seen with the help of Delphi and wolves who roam around the forest. Transforming into a Titan would surely make much destruction but it would be a risk for her when it comes time t leave on the nape, making it easier for the soldiers to capture her. Last time back in Wall Rose, she wiped out every single of them. Here at Mitras is posted with interior police, mostly elites, and veterans. 

There were small tents and soldiers posted everywhere which is very hard for her to get to the city. She lights a torch then ignites the crates and cloths to burn the base down. As soon as the fire starts to grow, she quickly makes her way down and ignited everything that can burn the place down.

By destroying the large main Military Police base, it could decrease the Military Police's resources, weapons, and also could kill more soldiers. This will result in the MP's struggle while searching for Eren and Historia or maybe for Aera.

There are small chances for her to leave unseen by soldiers but she has no choice but to go as planned. If she gets spotted then she'll fight back those imbeciles.

"Fire! There's fire!" A soldier cried out as he rings the bell to get all of his comrades' attention. 

As Aera dismissively passed by, a soldier got out of the burning tent, his body was on fire, experiencing an agonizing pain as his comrades runs away from the building in fear.