XLI.DECLARATION

(Year 854)

It was dusk, and the siblings were in a room, alone, looking distressed, conflicted, and nervous. Willy was walking around the room, currently in his thoughts, processing every word from his script as his sister, Lara, sat on a sofa, looking at him going around in circles for almost an hour. "Brother, please. Calm yourself."

"I can't." Willy wiped his sweat with his handkerchief, gritted his teeth, and then looks at the grandfather clock around the corner. "We have a few hours left before the festival."

"It does not matter if it's true or not. But at least the subject that you are going to give will make the world aware of what the Valkyrie Titan is capable of." His sister reassured, despite her thoughts conflicted, whether she felt doomed or forward to the plan that they were going to attempt.

"How can we be so sure about the Valkyrie's opposition to the King?" He asked seriously with a slightly distressful tone, fiddling with his script. "Why be against her brother's ideology that both propositions work on crafting peace?"

"I reckon that the Valkyrie might be only loyal to their nation: Eldia, merely not the King." He tossed the script on the table in front of his sister then held his nose bridge in frustration.

Lara narrowed her eyes as her hands clasped. "Annabelle is the only one who shows patriotism and love towards her nation, but what I had seen on my past holders' memories, the Valkyries before her never cared less about Eldia but to protect the monarch at all cost."

Willy eyed her attentively, looked like he was doubting his sister. He turned his gaze onto the ground as he tries to solve how he stated the truth that he was going to reveal.

"The first woman who had the Valkyrie did not ask to protect the imperial monarch but she was selected to be the sworn shield long after the rest of the family acknowledge her elusive powers." She informed, giving the script that he threw on the table with a slight glare then glancing at her brother. "You do remember what they did to the dead, don't you?"

Her brother crossed his arms, conceiving his thoughts. Willy did remember the dark ages before the Great Titan War had started. He may have not seen and witnessed the conflict before him, however, Lara had given him countless pieces of information whenever they have spare time together to discuss matters. To her, What the Valkyries did to the dead was unforgivable, just when the first inheritor discovered the capability of resurrection during the visit of the imperial monarchy to Ymir's old village, in honor of her death anniversary.

Though the Emperor did not care less about the event, and only the rest of the family come to the village to show respect to their grandmother. During the visit, the Valkyrie had happened to grow mad, it was a mystery what had caused her to start a storm, creating a strike of bolts of lightning to hit everywhere around the Eldian Empire. The disaster primarily impacted a small eldian countryside, merely a cemetery, the corpses that were buried vanished. It had made the Scholars confused about the mysterious occurrence, unable to make scientific explanations and descriptions that they refused to believe that the bodies and remaining bones of older corpses made an explicable disappearance.

A mysterious phenomenon made all of the villagers that live near the accident, face the fear of the night after hearing unusual sounds deep in the forest, some said that they saw a walking naked man, his eye sockets were gone, and pale and lanky. Undeads were known roaming around the forest, formerly the corpses that the first Valkyrie had accidentally resurrected at her first performance on discovering the power of her titan.

Back at Ymir's village, no one knew what the Valkyrie did after causing such a strong storm but when she returned to the imperial capital along with the rest of the Fritz Family, all of the noble houses had been informed that the Emperor and the Valkyrie had discussed about the occurrence. All of the people feared them, watching in apprehension at the eerie figures walking past their village, occasionally peaking at their windows. A few months later, the imperial army captured all of them and the undead was questionably sent to war along with them.