XXXVIII.THEORIES

(Year 854)

At nightfall, there was a train railing through with its immediate clashing of the steel wheels against the railway tracks. A storm eventually occurred just after the train departed.

The passengers plunged their windows with an annoyed scoff, frustrated by the sudden weather. Instead of civilians inside, it was a group of soldiers.

There a man strode onto a crowded compartment-tall, blonde with blue-coloured eyes. He lit a fire on his cigarette and then sat before the soldiers. He side-eyed the glass window and exhaled, releasing smoke from his mouth.

"Rain again, huh?" He muttered as the soldiers in front of him did not answer.

"Yet again." One of his comrades sighed, resting his elbows. "We're almost in Liberio. I can already see the swords from here."

The blonde man's eyes lit up then followed his fellow soldier's gaze. "Those things are just big."

They together eyed the big structures from afar. They could already see the city, including the gigantic swords. Every spot was now historical sight. Tourists gather around to see the extraordinary structure upon them, blades that were descended by the eldian king's protector.

"So we can't really pull the swords off." The blonde man's comrade spitefully spoked.

"Even if we're capable of pulling those swords with our Titan powers, the marleyan authorities won't allow us." He answered. "Besides, the swords are historical."

"Not a fan of history like you, Zeke. But those words just came from the pawns of devils." Porco pointed out.

Zeke inhaled his cigarette and then calmly said. "Right there, Porco, reminds us what had happened during the Great Titan War. The Valkyrie Titan-"

"Attacked Liberio by peppering swords onto our land, thinking that it was a way to kill the other shifters of the nine." His comrade interrupted. "The day when the war had worsened."

Porco noticed Zeke eyeing the soldier who was sitting next to him. He followed his gaze and spitefully looked at his other comrade. It was Reiner, resting his elbows dejectedly. He has been acting like this very lately ever since they failed on retaking the Founding Titan.

"He's zoning out again." The Jaw Titan uttered boredly as Reiner glances at him.

"No. Just minding my own business." The Armored Titan answered boredly. Zeke crushed his cigarette and then placed it on a plate before him. He adjusted his shoulders, straightening his uniform. The Yeager took a small glimpse of the giant sword in Liberio until a moment later, a giant tree covered his view.

Zeke faintly yet boredly glanced through the window as his comrades started a conversation, which he did not hear, for he was focused on the scenery upon him. In a mere instant, he saw an eagle perching on its nest. Its breed was rather similar to him. It recalled him of a bird that comes onto his house day and night holding a flower. The bird who used to play with him and his sister in their youth. But currently, the eagle had stopped seeing him.

He then sighed as he turned his attention to his comrades.

"Wait. So you're saying. The Valkyrie Titan, lurking on the island, is a bird?" Porco raised his eyebrows.

"I did not say that she was a bird. I said that she has connections with a bird." Reiner pointed out. "Ymir knows more about her than we do. Since you have her own memories then what did you see?"

"I told you already with Commander Magath and the others," said Porco sharply. "The so-called Vivienne Reiss asked for her favour to protect Christa, that's it. We suspect that Christa is a person with royal blood. Ymir's memories didn't answer anything of our questions. All I see most of her recollections are just that blonde girl."