XXX.HUNGRY FOR POWER

A/N: I don't know when did Kenny die, maybe he died before or after Rod's death.

I kinda regret writing this chapter, to be honest.

Imma just gonna run away; Cheerio🏃‍♀️💨

(Year 829)

"Talk to me, Grandpa. You're gonna die soon, right?" A young adult Ackerman questioned, looking onto his grandfather laying in the bed.

"Kenny..." He called weakly. "Did you kill more Military Police?"

Kenny smirked. "Heh. If ya mean the ones snoopin' around here, they're feedin' the trees, now."

His Grandfather coughed loudly as his grandson sits at the chair in silence. "I don't mean to spoil your trip to the after-life but...I finally found my sister."

"Kuchel...she was working at a Brothel in the underground. One of her customers got her pregnant, she won't listen to me and says she's gonna have it," He informed faintly. "As for that other branch of the family...looks like they've moved south, near Shiganshina District. But I guess someone got in the way of their business, too...so they're still poor."

"What's goin on? Didn't the Ackermans used to be a warrior family close to the crown...?

"Now there's only a few of us left. The whole clan's on the brink of extinction. What'd we do to make the Monarchy hate us this much?"

As soon as Kenny threw questions at him, his grandfather remained silent looking at him weakly which made Kenny whine and beg him for answers. "C'mon, Grandpa! Tell me! Doncha love your grandson?!"

"Hah.  The grandson I doted on...has become Kenny the Ripper, the terror of the Capital." His Grandfather raised from his bed with a slight cough.

"I planned to protect you all from the monarchy by taking our ancestors' secrets with me to the grave...but now it looks like there's no point in doing that..." said he as Kenny raises his eyebrows, listening attentively.

"I planned to protect you all from the Monarchy by taking our ancestors' secrets with me to the grave but now it looks like there's no point in doing that." He informed. "The monarchy doesn't hate the Ackerman Family, they fear us. The King fears the Ackermans because he can't control us."

"My generation was the firstborn after humanity moved inside the walls, so it's not as if I know everything. But I do know that our clan was the Royal Family's sword. We had a key role in ensuring humanity's continued survival."

His Grandfather again coughed. "Rest of humanity, the vast majority who did not belong to one of these central houses were one people, who all came from the same bloodline."

"In other words, there is one major race living within the walls alongside a few other bloodlines who each have but a few members. One of those lines is known as 'Asians,' a people vastly different from us...and the Schrodingers, a noble retainers bloodline that currently sides the King every step of the way."

"The problem was...the existence of different bloodlines disrupted the King's ideal system of rule." His Grandfather spoke. "The King hoped to rewrite the memories of all humanity...wipe out history...and realize his dream of perfect peace and order."

"Huh?" Kenny looked at him in confusion. "Humanity's memories...? What're ya talkin' about?

"The power of the Titans." He answered. "Generations of Kings have inherited and guarded the power of the Titans."

"And there they hold the memories of the world together, used that incredible power to build the giant walls that protect humanity from the Titans and eliminate all trace of Humanity's history outside those walls."