10. Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum stared out at the beautiful scenery. It was perfect. She was going to be unwound. And that's all she wanted.

That's what she was told her entire life. She was going to save so many people. She was blessed with the gift to help people survive. That's why she was born.

She looked to her parents. They were the only people who wanted the same thing as her. And she was grateful that someone in her life actually appreciated it. Everyone at her school had avoided her as if she were a virus. The only one who didn't was Melinda, who was sad she was a tithe. And apparently some guy had bullied her for being a tithe, and he had a crush on her? It was stupid.

She looked outside. Now, they were on the freeway. Driving next to other cars. Everything was peaceful.

She wondered how long it would take until she arrived at the harvest camp. She didn't have any idea but she hoped it would be soon. The faster she got there, the quicker she'd get out of there. Maybe she could even meet the showcase Angel is she was lucky!-

Time slowed down. She flew forward, and then back. Her arms fell to the top of the car. Glass shattered and flew around the seats. Blood splattered on the cushions and walls of the car. And everything... went black...

Her eyes partly opened, her arms hitting the ceiling of the car. She could feel blood dripping down her head. She started to sweat, noticing the fire all around her. The only reason she was hanging from her seat was because she had used her seatbelt. And now, moving caused her pain. But if she wanted to get out, she'd have to do something.

She tried to lift up her arms. But she didn't have the strength to do so. She tried to push herself out with her legs. Nothing. Slowly, her eyes started to close. Her body was unable to do anything in these horrible conditions. Everything started to go dark... as she saw the face of a boy. Her eyes closed.