20. Kanai

Kanai felt a bit uncomfortable. He could see Kiara staring at him from the corner of his eye. No matter what, she would continue to look at his... head?

He had to ask. But he had to be very careful with how he worded it. One wrong implication, word, or even letter would be the end of him. Well, not him specifically.

"What are you looking at?" He asked. The girl laughed.
"You're hair. It's very pretty." She said.

Now he had a billion other questions in his mind. One, his hair looked nice? He never thought it was. He thought it was messy and unruly. Two, was this girl trying to hit on him or something? He wasn't sure since no one had really complimented him before. But it must've just been here being friendly, because when he thought about his crush his face would go a bright red and he'd get all giggly or nervous.

"So, why are you going to be Unwound?" She asked. Kanai stopped walking, and just stood completely still. Why... what? Why ask that question? He was frozen. His mind started to spin, his hands became sweaty, and tears started to well up in his eyes. "Do you want to answer it?" He shook his head back and forth. She shrugged. "Okay. Then you don't have to. It's not that important. I don't really care."
"No... I want to answer it..." he replied. Kiara stared at him, as he let tears fall down his cheeks. "I'm not..." he paused. "I'm not..." he stopped , and looked to the floor. He clenched his hand into a fist. "I'm not the richest person. My family had to send me away because of that."
"Oh, that's sad." She replied. "I'm an unwind because I murdered a guy!"
"What!?" He blurted. The girl laughed.
"Nah, not really." She said, begin to walk again. Kanai followed behind, completely and utterly confused. "I'm a foster kid. That's why." She paused, and stopped moving. "And... they couldn't deal with the emotional baggage." Be nodded.
"Sorry that happened to you." He said. She shrugged.
"It's fine. It's not like it's your fault." She looked to Kanai, before glaring at him. "Unless you are one of those people who ruined my life..."
"What? No!" He replied. Yet again, she laughed.
"Come on, let's go get this insulin." She said.

They walked into a small pharmacy. Kanai grabbed some candy. Kiara grabbed something over at the other side of the store. He paused for a moment.

His eyes went wide. He was on the news!? He started to hyperventilate. He could easily be recognized at this point.

Quickly, Kiara threw the money onto the counter, and grabbed his hand, running out of the shop. She only stopped when she couldn't see the cashiers in the window. Kanai stared at her, almost happy. He was mostly relieved. If he was seen, surely someone would call the police.

Suddenly, he was grabbed by the arm. He mindlessly followed, his mind drawing a blank. He looked up, to see Brigham dragging him by the wrist. What was happening!?

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Feb 08, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Undesiredजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें