14. Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum slowly opened her eyes. The sound of something like a loud scream had awoken her. Finally, she regained her consciousness. She could hear the sound of arguing.

She jumped up, staring at the scene in front of her. There were two boys, both with opposite skin tones. Then there was a girl, half and half. And then... a boy... laying on the floor.

Her mind flooded with horrible thoughts. They must've killed him! And they were going to do the same to her! Oh she was so close to paradise, and now she had been kidnapped.

She prepared herself for a fight. Though she was afraid, she wasn't going to let them kill her before she could be unwound. She was going to do the thing she was planning for her entire life. And wanted since she was born.

"Oh thank goodness!" The boy with dark skin and an almost familiar face said. "I thought you were gonna die!"
"Did you crash my car!?" She yelled, pointing at the boy. He looked at her, completely confused. Looking to the other two, she immediately knew.

By deduction, the only way for her car to just suddenly fling away was if something way bigger crash into it. Based on the fact that she started to bleed from the glass, and lose consciousness from the heat, it must've been a huge impact. From that, she had two guesses. One, the fastest car known to man had speeded directly through their limo, or someone crashed a bus or semi truck into it.

"I mean, it was funny!" The guy shrugged. Chrysanthemum glared at him, before sighing. She started to wander away. "Hey! Where are you going!?" She was grabbed by the arm.
"Away from you murderers!" She yelled back, trying to pull herself away. But the guy held on, not letting her get out by just a smidge.
"Oh my god for the last time I didn't kill him!" He snapped. Chrysanthemum paused. They were all talking about this before she had woken up?
"Then... what did happen?" She asked.
"I don't know! I just got him in a neck hold and he started getting zapped or whatever!" He explained. She stopped to think for a moment. Then she ripped her hand away, and walked over to the boy.

The guy with red hair lay completely still, but she could tell that he was still alive from this distance. She sat down on the group, and pushed him up. He slumped over, unable to keep himself up. She paused.

She touched something behind him. Quickly, he screamed, jumping out. His shriek of agony and pain. He convulsed, and then fell to the ground. But he caught himself, taking in deep breaths. Tears fell into the grass. Chrysanthemum knelt down next to him, reaching a hand out to him. He looked at her, and she could see that he wasn't entirely there.

"W- Wendy?" He asked. He shook his head back and forth, and then looked back at her. He stared, almost seeming a bit disappointed. She reached a hand out to him. He took it, and stood up.
"Look at that! He speaks!" The boy laughed. Suddenly, he grabbed him by the wrist. "I thought that Kanai the hero would be a bit more... I don't know... impressive?" Chrysanthemum paused. That guy from the news? The one she despised?
"Are you serious!?" She said. Kanai looked at her, a bit sad. Yet again, she paused. This couldn't be the guy. He was to nervous and scared. Plus, he seemed nicer.

She hated Kanai. He was the guy from the news who supposedly broke every single one of the unwinds out of a harvest camp. He ripped away their chance to feel this glorious gift. One that let you go to a mind paradise but also saves so many people.

"Nope. I'm just a student!" He nervously laughed. Everyone stared at him. Suddenly, he started to walk away, pretty fast at that.
"Hey! Get back here!" The boy with brown hair replied, racing after him. The girl with half and half skin grabbed her by the wrist, dragging her a long. She stared at her. Who was she? And why was her body so... strange?