10: Action

Duke Alpheus and Ijekiel left the celebration earlier than even the Royals.

Since no one else was leaving, the two of them were the only ones in the massive hall leading outside.

With that, the Duke stopped in his tracks and Ijekiel almost bumped into him.

"Fath-?"

Thud.

The Duke's eyes widened when Ijekiel fell to the ground, unconscious.

Footsteps could be heard approaching him.

"So. 'Duke Alpheus', huh?"

That voice.

His yellow eyes glinted a brighter red.

Lucas.

The footsteps stopped.

"Or should I say, 'dull-eyed Aeternitas'?"

Every muscle in the Duke's body froze. His red pupils turned into dots.

"...the past Emperor? How can that be me?" he didn't face Lucas, but he heard the 'uh-huh'.

"So he's weak, right? The weakest Emperor in Obelian history!" he laughed loudly as he mocked Aeternitas.

Aeternitas clenched the Duke's balled hands tightly.

"...then, I suppose this misunderstanding is officially cleared, Lucas."

The warlock hummed.

"...then how'd you know my name's Lucas? Huh?" Aeternitas knew Lucas was just teasing him now.

"His majesty didn't announce any Royal magician, you know?"

He seemed to float towards him as he seemed to just be behind his ear.

"...'Cause you're Aeternitas, the dull-eyed Emperor?"

He felt a wave of strong mana hit him on his back.

His eyes widened considerably when his soul was forced out of the body.

ACK-

He thought he screamed so loud but there was nothing leaving his throat as Lucas painfully extracted him from the Duke's body.

He didn't think a soul could feel pain.

But before Lucas could annihilate him in this form, he managed to teleport away fast enough.

Lucas only watched as Aeternitas' soul escaped him.

"Ha. If only he knew I could've killed him the moment he left the Duke..."

Lucas shrugged. "But I'm too kind-hearted for my own good." he smirked at himself in his magic mirror before making it dissipate into thin air, now looking at the body of Roger Alpheus and Ijekiel, still on the ground and unconscious.

Well. Time to erase their memories.

He bent down and stole their memories of this ever happening, and implanting new ones just in case.

He carried them using magic and called a carriage, tossing them both there carelessly.

He watched them leave.

I'm almost too sure that the stupid kid is back to Anastasius

I'm almost too sure that the stupid kid is back to Anastasius... most likely.

He shrugged again before teleporting away from the celebration.

-----

Athanasia is now in her room and lying on her bed, exhausted from the celebration of her coronation.

But even while she felt tired, she was happy. She had fun dressing up earlier and dancing with all kinds of people.

...but something still bothered her. Even though this was supposed to be a good, fun time for her, she still... felt bad for Jennette.

She didn't deserve her father's insults. She may have snapped at her, but it was because she was pressured because even the nobles turned their back to her after just a single harsh word.

She should ask her father if she could visit Jennette soon to apologize...

-----

Lucas teleported to where the chimera resided.

It turns out, the Emperor had ordered she be taken to the Alexandrite palace where she would be thrown in and kept without maids.

She begged so hard that Claude just shook his head and let the royal guards decide.

They decided this.

A fate worse than death, for a noble woman. It was just a small place for her to stay in while the Alpheus family is still contemplating if she would still stay with them or there, in the Alexandrite palace, the farthest palace from Garnet, Emerald, and Ruby.

And after the commotion from earlier, everyone was sure that the Alpheus family, with their clean name, wouldn't want to dirty it by keeping a now-abandoned Princess.

Now Lucas was starting to pity the chimera. But he shouldn't, since she isn't actually pure human at all.

He should treat her like an animal...but to other people, she's still human...Hm...

He shrugged as he sneakily entered through the window of the palace.

He should just pay her a visit.

He couldn't have anyone crashing the actual coronation, after all.