46: First Meeting; Confirmation

Jennette had arrived and she closed her eyes as she savored the warmth of the wind hitting her face. Yes, the afternoon was at its peak and therefore the sun shone brightly.

She was dropped off at her new home and she looked up at it in awe. Her new home in a completely different land.

But as she walked towards the two doors leading inside, a stranger called to her.

"Hey! You're new aren't you?"

She turned around slowly and her eyes met with blue.

He had a wide smile on his face as he looked her right in the eyes, unhesitant to do so.

"Hi," she greeted back with a small smile in return, looking to make acquaintances already. The man then nodded, albeit a bit awkwardly. It seems all charisma from earlier dissipated when he realized how awkward the situation suddenly became.

"And, to answer your question, yes, I am new." Her green eyes shone in the sunlight and the man took a minute to process that and nodded.

"Yeah, of course, I shouldn't have asked that since I've never seen you here before..." He walked back slightly, once again awkward. He also seemed to realize that he had been invading her personal space by being too close to her.

He shook his head, "Anyway, me and my sister were out for a bit and I saw you so I decided to introduce myself, since you're new."

He gave a big grin as he put both hands behind his head.

"Name's Jeremy. Jeremy Agriche."

Jennette's eyes widened. "Agriche?"

Jeremy's brows raised and his smile faltered as his arms dropped to his sides. "So you're familiar?"

Jennette looked up, thoughtful, before shaking her head. "I've only heard some locals whispering about some Agriche, but I don't really know what they were talking about." She then beamed at him. "Aside from that, my name is Jennette Margarita. It's nice to meet you, Jeremy."

Jeremy's smile returned and he offered his hand for a shake and Jennette accepted it. "Then, welcome to the Agriche district, Jennette!"

Jennette beamed brighter, genuinely gleeful. She already had a new acquaintance.

-----

Athanasia went to her father's door after visiting Anastasius.

She knocked and after the third knock  her father answered the door.

"Yes?" He questioned, looking down at her curiously as he opened the door wider for her to enter.

She did and she sat down on the sofa in front of the bed. "Dad, this is about the dream."

Claude sat down in front of her, "Dream?" She nodded and Claude raised a brow. "A dream," she confirmed again as she stared into his similar jewel eyes sternly.

Claude looked to be processing it, looking like he froze just to think about it, before his eyes widened slightly.

He composed himself immediately though, acting as if he didn't just remember he did what he did.

"...I don't understand."

Athanasia frowned. "What do you mean? I'm sure it was you who projected his memories into my dreams."

Claude playfully smirked at her. "Hm? How so?"

Athanasia frowned harder. This damn old man that she loves so much...

She released a heavy sigh. "What the hell. Nevermind arguing; can't you do it again?"

"Do what again?"

Athanasia grew a tick mark on her forehead as Claude gave a (totally not) sarcastic smile.

But just as Athanasia was about to say something, Claude cut her off.

"If you really want it, then say the magic word."

Athanasia leaned back and raised her brow. "...what?"

Claude leaned towards her further. "The magic word."

Athanasia was about to ask about it again before sealing her mouth shut after realizing.

He wanted her to say...

Say...

...

Screw it. Athanasia's never said it before, and she wasn't planning on doing it even to her beloved father after everything she's been through, but...

For him to continue with projecting his memories...

Ugh.

She slowly suck it up.

"...father."

Claude gave her a waiting look. Anticipating, with an irritating smile that reminds her of Lucas. His eyes remained passive but his smile depicted his emotions.

Athanasia released another heavy sigh.

"Please."

Claude leaned back in victory, a triumphant smile etched onto his still-young face.

"That's what I wanted to hear." He smiled at her. "But, I don't go back on my word when it comes to you so lie down on the bed."

Athanasia's eyes lit up and she gladly obliged as she stood up and went her way to the bed.

She lied down on the left side knowing the right was her father's and she waited for him to sit beside her.

He eventually did and he gave her a smile before once again ushering her to sleep.

She obliged once again, and immediately she fell to sleep as he put his hand on her head, magic this time swirling not on his fingertips, but his palm.

He looked down at her sleeping face, still neutral for now as he just smiled, leaning back on the wall behind him.

It won't hurt to close his eyes and wait until Athanasia's learned everything from his world's Athanasia, to his past, and to his death leading to where he was now.

He won't hold back in explaining once his daughter wakes up.

It was about time she left the dark when it came to him and his sudden likeness to her after years of neglect, after all.