VI. Bipolar Love

Chapter 6, Bipolar Love
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" You know how many knives are in my heart right now? "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

I was sitting on my bed, I was annoyed at Jaden because he wouldn't tell me what's wrong.
He shut me out and then expects me to be okay with it, was it something I did that made him feel this way?

"Chica, it's me!"

I smiled at the sound of Xiomara, I shouted come in.
In came the curly haired teen, she walked over to me and held me tightly as she stroked my hair.

"I just don't know Mars, he's been off lately."

I mumbled into her shoulder as she began to play with my hair, she looked down at me and nodded slowly.
She stood silent for a moment, she kissed my temple and sighed.

"Well have you tried putting him in some rice, I'm sure that'll fix him."

I laughed at her joke, Xiomara and I have only known each other for about three days and she's made it feel like I've known her my whole life.
Xiomara managed to switch the topic and get me interested in it, the mood was changed from sad to happy.

"I'm just saying, males are a weird species."

Xiomara added, I looked up at her and laughed.

"But we sure do like them, don't we?"

It was a rhetorical question, Xiomara looked at me and began to burst into laughter.
I didn't get the joke, I looked at her confused as hell.

" Woah, woah woah! Who said I was straight? "

Xiomara finally answers as she gasps for air, I looked at her and smiled as I hugged her tightly.

"So what are you?"

I asked, I know I know it was very nosey of me but I had to know.
Xiomara looked at me and sighed as she bit the inside of her cheek, she must still be in questioning.

"I think bisexual, not sure yet."

Xiomara answered, I looked at her and nodded slowly.

"My best friend, Cora, she was like that until she found her girlfriend, Jayla."

I informed, Xiomara nodded slowly before getting up from my bed.
Her phone began to ring, she walked to the window and answered the call.

"¿Hola? Estoy en la casa de Scarlett."

(Hello? I'm at Scarlett's house.)

Xiomara began, I zoned out of her conversation for privacy reasons, I grabbed my phone and began to click the imessage icon.

Scar 🦁

Jay, you alright?

Read at 2:35 PM

Hello???

Read at 2:35 PM

I stopped texting Jaden, I didn't have any energy to waste on him anymore.
I hadn't even noticed Xiomara finished with phone call, she sat beside me and hugged me tightly as I set my phone beside me.

"He's just leaving you on read, for what?"

Xiomara said, she looked a little mad.

" You know how many knives are in my heart right now? "

I asked as tears rolled down my face, Xiomara just continued to rub my back and stroke my hair in hopes that'll make me feel better.
Cora and Jayla were out on a trip for college, Javon and Layla were on a date and my parents were out cake testing.

"How long has he been like this?"

Xiomara asked to which I just shook my head and looked away, I was tired and I wanted to sleep.
She just nodded and allowed me to close my eyes, I sighed and tried to go to sleep but all that was in my mind was Jaden.

"Xiomara, tell me about yourself. Do you live with your grandmother?"

I asked trying to distract myself, Xiomara chuckled as I sat up.
She looked at me and sighed.

"My father was a sort of, well he was like Fezco and Ashtray from Euphoria. You watched that right?"

Xiomara explained as well as she asked me a question, I nodded and she continued.

"My mother wasn't with that, but she wasn't about to raise a kid alone either. So I was shown a lot of things, soon my mom left my father and uhm she dropped me off at Abuela's and never returned."

Xiomara answered, I nodded slowly and felt a question burning in my mind.

"But came back for, Rosa.."

My voice trailed off, I didn't remember the little girl's name and I didn't want to get it wrong either.

"Oh my little hermanita, that's Rosalía, she's my younger and only sister. My mom did come back only to drop her off and disappear."

I nodded as Xiomara pursed her lips, I laughed at her expression and hugged her tightly.
She was literally living like Fezco and Ashtray but without the things they went through, crazy.

"Let's watch a movie and try to distract ourselves."

Xiomara suggested causing my to laugh and nod, so far this day has been nothing but a rollercoaster.
Jaden's been nothing but a bipolar lover and I didn't know why, I want to figure it out but at the same time I know I don't.

Because I know that I'm going to be the reason.