XLIII. Be My Wedding Date?

Chapter 43, Be My Wedding Date?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I'm just waiting for you to get in your reputation era before I tell you what I want to tell you. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

After that night, Jaden and I spent months getting to know each other better and getting used to being around each other again.
It was now May and the wedding was in June, the ending of June actually so we had family from Alana and from my dad fly in to Atlanta.

Right now, I was at a diner with Xiomara and we were talking about the wedding.
Xiomara and I have become closed than anything, she met Cora and that's when I knew she was officially apart of the friend group.

We grabbed our milkshakes and decided to go home, she was going to sleepover at mine because that's what amazing best friends do.
Once we got home, I settled down and put on my pajamas.

Xiomara knew about Jaden and I, we were taking it slow because we didn't want to rush into things.
She accepted the idea and smiled at me, she was a supportive best friend and she would tell me whenever something was wrong.

"You're telling me, you haven't asked him to be your wedding date?"

Xiomara asked me, I looked up from my phone and shook my head.

"I didn't know I had to!"

I defended myself, she looked at me and got up from my bed.

"It's an unspoken rule!"

She retorted as she walked to my closet and rummaged through it, I watched as she rejected each outfit in my closet.
Xiomara found a good outfit and threw it at me, she ushered me to the bathroom and told me to change.

Scarlett's Outfit

I came out with a smile on my face, I brushed my hair down and behind my shoulders as Xiomara handed me nude heels

Was I really about to ask this kid to be my wedding date? Yes I was and I was not about to chicken out, it's not the way to go.

"Go to his house and blow his mind, I'll be watching from here."

Xiomara said as she walked me to the door, I laughed and quickly rushed over to Jaden's house.
I knocked on the door lightly and waited for someone to open the door, to my luck, it was Jessica.

"Hey sweetie, you look beautiful."

She complimented me as she walked me inside, I looked at her and thanked her before asking her where's Jaden.

"In his room playing fortnite with Javon and Daelo, what's the occasion?"

She asked me, I got nervous and looked at her with a shy smile.

"I'm asking him to be my wedding date, you can bring everyone down to record if you want."

I muttered, Jessica squealed and called for DJ and Jayla.
I felt my cheeks go rosy and I smiled at the two who were hyping me up, then Jessica called Daelo and Javon.

I began to fidget with my fingers as I watched as the two come downstairs, the plan was explained to them and they all pulled their phone out.
Jessica looked at me and kissed my forehead before she called for Jaden, he was reluctant and walked downstairs slowly.

"Scar, what are you doing here?"

He asked me confused, I didn't tell him I was going to come over since that'll ruin the surprise.
I walked up to him and grabbed both of his hands and kissed his cheek, by now my mouth has gone dry and I was shaking.

"Would you like to be my date to the wedding?"

I asked as I closed my eyes and braced myself for rejection, instead Jaden pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my temple as he agreed to go with me.
Everyone cheered and I was pulled into a group hug, I felt myself calm down since I was so tense and I let out a nervous laugh.

"I was nervous you were going to reject me."

I told him as he grabbed my hand and walked me outside, he looked at me and shook his head.
He held onto my hand as we walked around the neighborhood, he was in plaid pajama pants and white shirt from last night.

"When are you going to tell me you're ready? I just need like a dead line or something."

Jaden asked me as we walked back to my house with big smiles on our faces, I grabbed his hand and looked up at him.

" I'm just waiting for you to get in your reputation era before I tell you what I want to tell you . "

I explained and before he could ask me what was that, I kissed his cheek and closed the door on him.
Xiomara ran down the stairs and grabbed my hand as we jumped up and down, squealing.

I had finally asked him to be my wedding date and he accepted it, this couldn't have gone any better.
Although I'm still shaken up on the thought of him rejecting me considering that it was my main concern, Xiomara and I celebrated with the left over cookies I baked.

Get yourself a Xiomara, she'll always have your back even when you know you don't deserve it.
It's what a true and real friend does, I don't think I'm ever going to let her go.