XLIX. Jaden (Taylor's Version)

Chapter 49, Jaden (Taylor's Version)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Wouldn't you like to know, weather boy? "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

After the game, which Jaden's team won.
I wasn't that surprised since Jaysean was giving his all and I was screaming my heart out.
Once the game came to an end, I decided to let Xiomara have her alone time with Jaysean so I walked to the parking lot and just waited.

"Thanks for the good luck kiss."

I turned around and laughed, Jaden's hair was all wet and smeared on his forehead as he approached me.
As he finally stood in front of me, it was like I was looking at someone else.

Jaden didn't really change but something in him did, do you ever just sense a change in someone but never pointed it out in case it was just you? Cause same.
I felt my cheeks heat up as he grabbed my hand and began to walk me to my car since I stood at the gates, I felt my pulse rate increase.

"You seem different, but like in a good way."

I blurted out as I stood by my driver's side door, Jaden nodded and smiled as he looked down.
He rubbed the back of his neck before looking back at me, I couldn't help but laugh at him.

"I'm ready for the commitment, I realized how boring life is without you and that I should've spoken to you instead of ghosting which was immature by the way."

He spoke to me, I nodded and allowed him to continue because an explanation and apology was long overdue.
Although it didn't matter because I was too stuck on how nervous he was, it was a cute kind of nervous.

"I'm like really sweaty right now and this humid air isn't making this look realistic, can I go home and change. I wanna redo this whole thing while looking representable."

He rambled, I nodded and kissed his cheek before unlocking my car and getting inside.
Jaden stood outside and stared at me which made me shiver a bit, it wasn't a creepy stare although all stares are creepy but a stare that he's admiring me.

"Are you going to come inside? I'll drive you."

I told him as I smiled at him, I watched as this kid began to run to the other side as if I would have changed my mind.
Right as he got to the door, I locked the car and laughed as he glared at me which was hilarious.

After a few moments of him cursing at me and then laughing at his annoyance, I unlocked the car and watched as he got in.
He huffed at me and put his seatbelt on, I looked at him as I tried stifle my laughter which was a fail.

"Calm down, you're not the big bad wolf."

I joked as I drove off, which was a bad idea because once I dropped Jaden off at his house and parked in front of mine, I got yelled at by Xiomara, who called me.
I had the perfect explanation which wasn't so perfect to Xiomara but she let it slide because Jaysean asked her to go on a date.

As I hung up the phone, there was a knock on the door which made my when body tense up.
I obviously wanted the apology and explanation but I just didn't want it if it was so he can be with me again quickly, what if he does the same thing again?

I guess we should find out or not, I'm chill with not wanting to be with.
I'm kidding! Jeez, don't scream at me.

"Wanna go to the mall?"