VII. Xiomara's Life

Chapter 7, Xiomara's Life
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Damn, you got me in tears now, I block most of these memories out. "

~ Third Person POV ~

As the two girls watch horror movies to relieve the stress and depression Scarlett seemingly fell into, Xiomara couldn't help but go back into the deep train of thought.
The thoughts that have been disturbing her since her arrival to Georgia, those thoughts were her parents.

There's some things that should not be said to a friend you just made, Xiomara understood that which was why she kept her history short and simple.
Although she wished she could spill all details to Scarlett, she just couldn't trust her like that just yet.

Some things needed to stay in the past but there's other things that aren't initially required to stay either, the thoughts and memories Xiomara were having haven't been placed in either category.
So she's been running around with a head filled secrecy and other junk that didn't really need talking about, how about we take a few moments to dive into Xiomara's past.

Let's see if there's a slight chance of her actually telling the truth to Scarlett, or is she just saving face knowing the brutal consequences that would come if her truth would be let out.
So shall we start with the pregnancy, when Xiomara's mother, Alessia.

~ Flying to the past, the pregnancy of Xiomara ~

"Alejandro, tenemos un problema que nosotros dos solos no podemos manejar."

(Alejandro, we have a problem that us two alone cannot handle.)

Alessia began as she walked into her bedroom, finding her boyfriend lying down with baggies.
With the quickness, Alejandro stuffed the baggies in his dufflebag and looked at Alessia.

"¿Qué, qué necesitas Alessia? Estoy ocupado en este momento."

(What, what do you need Alessia? I'm busy right now.)

Alejandro answered in annoyance that he was interrupted, Alessia and Alejandro were a match made in heaven but the two could be nothing alike.
Alejandro was your typical Hispanic father from the hood while Alessia was your typical mother from the suburbs.

The two can bump heads quite alot but in the end they made it worth it, it just sucks when you're in Xiomara shoes and have zero clue why or how this happened.

"Dios mío, dime que no volverás a negociar! Alejandro esta no es vida para vivir."

(oh my god, tell me you're not dealing again! Alejandro this is no life to live.)

Alessia exclaimed, now she knew about Alejandro's dealing and he knew she hated the dealing but they two never got on the same page about it.
Without missing a beat, Alessia threw the pregnancy test onto Alejandro's lap and just stood there waiting for a reaction.

Alejandro and Alessia knew some English but were mostly Spanish speakers, Alejandro's face dropped but Alessia couldn't tell if it was excitement or disappointment.
Alejandro was like that, his face expressions were difficult to read so if you saw him, you would just have to hope and pray for the best.

"Bueno, ¿qué vamos a hacer?"

(Well, what are we going to do?)

Alejandro asked impatiently, he got up from the bed and placed the test onto the night stand.
Alessia didn't know, she looked at him and sighed as she shrugged her shoulders.

The two were quite young and were practically children themselves, but obviously they didn't plan on getting rid of Xiomara.
Alessia just sat on the bed and placed her head in her hands as she tried to think of a solution to their problems, all she knew was that it was their fault as they should have been careful.

After nine months, the painfully, unbearably nine months, Xiomara was conceived.
She was a happy healthy baby girl, no complications at all which were good signs.

Although, her parents never planned on keeping her in their hands for too long, they had a plan and they were trying to execute it perfectly.
When the time came for the plan to come into action, Xiomara was four.

Alessia's plan was to take care of her child and then completely abandon her at her mother's house, she didn't want the responsibility of a child so she didn't want to take of her own anymore.
Alejandro didn't like the idea of that, so after arguing over the child, Alessia vanished.

Xiomara lived with her father until the age of eight, she was sent to live with her grandmother when the police came by one night and raided the house finding every type of drug.
The whole thing frightened the little girl, left emotional scars forever that she never wanted to speak about, the same night, Alejandro was taken into custody.

Xiomara was living a perfect life alone with her grandmother when in came her mother, not to take back Xiomara but to drop off her little sister.
Everything made sense on why Xiomara didn't go into depth about her life, she didn't want anyone to know that she was an accident and that her father was in jail.