XXVIII. Xiomara's First Date

Chapter 28, Xiomara's First Date
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" And your kids got mismatching fathers, if I were you, I'd keep my mouth shut. "

~ Xiomara's POV ~

"What are you planning to tell your dad when he sees you with a black eye?"

I asked Scarlett as I took her inside of my house and began to clean her face up, all she did was shrug and look away from me.
I sighed and nodded slowly.

"Once we're done making sure blood doesn't come out of my nose holes, I gotta help you get ready for your date."

Scarlett informed me as she subtly tried rushing me, I totally forgot about the date with Jaysean and now I'm nervous again.
Once I finished cleaning Scarlett up, she grabbed my hand and led me outside.

"We're going to get dressed at my house, I have a ton of outfits and all the accessories to make you look like your natural Goddess self."

I laughed at Scarlett's attempts to hype me up, we got into her car and began to drive to her house.
My nerves were all over the place, I was excited for this date but at the same time I was so nervous.

We got out the car and practically ran inside of Scarlett's house, we walked up the stairs and went inside of her room where I was ushered in the bathroom
I took a nice, warm shower and shaved my legs.

Once I got out, I had a towel wrapped around my body and a towel wrapped around my curly hair, I sighed as I watched Scarlett tear apart her closet.
She shrieked in excitement when she found the right outfit for me, she placed it neatly on her bed as she fixed her room back to it's normal state.

"Okay, change into that and I'll do your hair and make up. I'm a professional, don't even worry about it."

Scarlett sounded like she was trying to convince herself more than try to convince me but I let it slide, I put on the outfit and I was beaming.
I felt like a princess straight out of a Disney movie, the dress hugged all the right curves and showed off the parts I was insecure about.

"There, sit down at my vanity and we'll start with your makeup."

Scarlett spoke out as she smiled at me, I nodded and obeyed.
I watched as she took out different make up bags, she began to do my makeup.

Soon she turned on her TV and clicked the YouTube icon, we were listening to Melanie Martinez, Rihanna and Selena Gomez.
I loved her music picks, she never replayed the same artist if it didn't fit the mood.

"I wanna dye my hair, like mismatching pieces you know?"

I questioned Scarlett, I wanted to dye strands of my hair a different color but I wasn't sure if it would look good with my curls.
Scarlett nodded and informed me she would be dying her hair tomorrow the way she wanted which was exciting, she invited me to dye my hair with her but I had to ask my abuela first.

"If she says yes, hit me up and we can put you in with me."

Scarlett spoke as she removed the towel from my hair, I looked like a beautiful troll.
I heard a few chuckles leave Scarlett's mouth as she grabbed her hair supplies, she had a comb, water spray bottle, brush, leave in conditioner, curl activator and the good hair ties.

"If I'm hurting you let me know, curly hair is a little or a lot difficult to work with."

Scarlett told me as she began to spray some water on the ends of my curls, I nodded and grabbed my phone as I began to text my grandmother about the hair dye.
Abuela doesn't text back fast since she doesn't understand the whole technology thing, I taught her two years ago when she complained about the ringing from her phone.

"Anddddd, what do you think?"

Scarlett asked me, I couldn't believe we were done already.
I was focused on my messages between my abuela that I hadn't felt a single pull or tug on my hair, Scarlett was so gentle with it.

Xiomara's Outfit, Makeup & Hair

    I admired myself in the mirror and started to smile widely, I hugged Scarlett tightly and we jumped around for a bit

Once we finished, we ran downstairs and walked outside.

"My abuela said it's okay to dye my hair how I want!"

I read the message aloud to Scarlett, she squealed and called her dad to tell him we would be doing our hair together.
Mr. Delmonico became a second father to me, he always had my back for everything and we created a good bond.

I was scrolling through Facebook, I know, that's for old people but I wanted to stay in the loop with the elderly.
As I was scrolling, I noticed there was a post from my mother.

It didn't have a photo but just a caption:

Some of y'all children wanna live your lives like grown adults but still got mismatching socks, smh.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, who was she calling children because she sure as hell had none.

" And your kids got mismatching fathers, if I were you I'd keep my mouth shut. "

I typed out and pressed reply, I turned my phone off and looked at Scarlett.
Soon a familiar car drove up, it was Jaysean.

"Good luck, text me good details and sleepover tonight so we can talk about it."

Scarlett spoke quickly as she made sure I looked good, she sprayed some perfume on me and blew me some kisses before rushing me inside of his car.

"I love you, I'm only one call away!"

Scarlett shouted as I closed the car door and put on my seatbelt, I laughed at her words since it was something a mother would say.
I'm very excited for my first ever date!