XLII. Processing The Breakup

Chapter 42, Processing The Breakup
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " I hurt you and you still find ways to love me, you should be looking for someone better. "

  ~ Scarlett's POV ~

     Now before we get to present time, I know some of y'all are wondering why would I dance with Jaden if I came with someone else.
   The story to that is very embarrassing and something I don't feel comfortable with explaining so, let's just go back to the homecoming.

Back at homecoming

      I was standing by the snack table when Emmanuel walked over to me, we converse and had a good time but he wasn't his normal chill self.
  I watched as he fidgeted with his fingers before looking at me and sighing, I looked at him worried that it was a setup.

  "What's wrong? Do you wanna leave?"

    I  asked as now I was getting nervous on how he was reacting, he looked at me and shook his head.
  There was some silence before he cleared his throat and looked at me as if he was ready to cry, I started going into full panic mode.

   "Scarlett it's not that, it's uhm.. I wanted to come here with you but not exactly with... You?"

     He said as if it was a question, I looked at him with tears in my eyes because now I'm thinking is he talking about Willow or Meredith or some other chick?
   Boy I couldn't have been more off.

  "Is there another girl?"

  I asked as my voice broke, he looked at me and looked away.
  There was silence as I began to overthink and that was when he shook his head.

   ".. There's a boy..?"

  I asked to which he bit his lip which was quivering as he nodded, I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.
  I wiped my tears away and hugged him tightly, he was confused to say the least but I urged him to get his man while I try to get mine.

In the present, Scarlett's POV

  Yeah, yeah laugh it up.
It was embarrassing but now we can talk about boys together, but now I was laying in bed.
  Not my bed, I was in Jaden's bed.

   He invited me over to watch a movie and chill but I know he wants to talk about the Meredith situation, I couldn't help but stare as he walked out of his bathroom.
  He has a white shirt, plaid pajama pants and wet hair.

   "Can we talk about the situation?"

  He muttered, I looked at him and nodded.
He sat down on the edge of his bed and looked at me, I sat beside him.

  "It's starting to hurt a bit, the fact I didn't listen and the fact I chose someone who was going to hurt me again."

  He explained, I looked at him and took a deep breath before answering or giving him some advice.
  I didn't know what I wanted to say, there was so much running through my head that it made it difficult.

  "Jade, you can't rewatch a movie and expect a different outcome."

   I told him as I rubbed his back, he looked at me and nodded before sighing.
  Jaden shifted his body so he was facing me and looked me in my eyes, I smiled softly.

   "If you wanted a different outcome, why didn't you watch a show? Or why did you leave your favorite movie?"

     That sounded stupid but I'm sure you understand, I just wanted to know what was going through his mind.
  That's when he began to explain everything, he wanted to be with Meredith because that was who he first loved but deep down he knew she wouldn't change.

   "I understand, you wanted to see if you can ignite what y'all had before me."

   I murmured, he looked at me and stood up.
   He ran his fingers through his hair as his tongue poked the inside of his cheek, he turned around with his back facing me and then turned around.

" I hurt you and you still find ways to love me, you should be looking for someone better. "

   He spoke out causing me to look at him shocked, I stood up and grabbed his hand.

  "Because when there's that one person you want to be with forever, you'll find those ways and believe that there's a better person inside of them that need help looking for."

    I explained, now we were both teary eyed.
  Jaden looked at me as his arms snaked around my waist, I wrapped my arms around his neck but I couldn't bring myself to kiss him.

   "I'm not a rebound Jaden.."

  I whispered as I looked away from him, he nodded and bent down, closer to my ear.

   "I know that and I'll wait as long as you want me to, I'll wait forever if if means I'll be yours again."

   He whispered in my ear before kissing my cheek softly, I looked up at him and felt myself blush.
   I had butterflies and I knew I was giving him doe-eyes, I smiled at him before pulling him down slowly and connecting out lips.

  We pulled away slowly and I looked at him, I smiled as he kissed my forehead and pulled me into a hug.

  "I need time and you do too, you just got cheated on and I'm still forgiving you."

   I told him before pushing myself away, I walked over to his window since the is what he does to me and I looked back at him.

  "Come to me when you're ready, I'll be waiting."

   I told him, he rushed over to me before cupping my face and kissing me slowly.
  We pulled away and smiled, I left his room that night.

   That same very night, I had fallen in love with the same boy I met almost two years ago..