LXII. High Enough

Chapter 62, High Enough
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I've never really felt safe in a man's arms other than my dad.. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

The first day of summer was finally here, the sun was shining when the morning came and the birds were chirping.
But most importantly, I was allowed to sleep in and stay in my pajamas all day without being judged by a single person in the entire world.

"Scarlett, change out of your pajamas. It's literally the afternoon."

Xiomara told me, I looked at her and groaned before walking upstairs to my room from the living room and looked for an outfit to wear that would be cute.
Now cute and comfy were something that was my best style, but I rarely went for it at times during the school year.

So I ended up spending almost an hour searching for the right outfit, Xiomara wasn't even bothered considering she was too busy on her phone with Jaysean to even notice my disappearance.
Do you know how hard it is to search for an outfit you haven't worn yet? It's a daily struggle in my life and it was always a hassle in the morning.

"Scarlett! Stop being a picky Percy and grab a random outfit!"

Xiomara shouted from downstairs, I groaned once more at her rushing me to grab and outfit.
Beauty takes time, it's a process that mustn't be rushed because then accidents happen and you won't like the outcome of that.

Finally after about forty-five minutes of searching for the perfect outfit, which doesn't exist.
Damn Barbie lying to me, I found the outfit of the day.

Scarlett's Outfit

Once I finished getting dressed, I walked downstairs and sat back on the couch with Xiomara.
She finally got off the phone with Jaysean when my phone began to ring, I looked down to see who was calling me and turns out it was Jaden.

So now it was my turn to spend all of eternity on the phone with my boyfriend before hanging up and hanging out with my best friend, it's fair as well since she did that to me.
But the call didn't last long like I hoped it did, he was going to the pool with his family and invited Xiomara and I.

I accepted the invite and grabbed Xiomara's hand as we walked upstairs, Xiomara and I have different fashion sense when it comes to swim suits.
But we made it work anyways, even if it didn't really match our vibe.

Scarlett's Swim Suit