XI. Heaven Or Hell

Chapter 11, Heaven Or Hell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Nope, no, I'm definitely in hell. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

After spilling everything to Jaysean and Xiomara when I woke up from my nap, I ate dinner and laid in bed to binge watch Netflix.
My mind was running wild, I didn't care either.

I found myself daydreaming but there wasn't anything in the dream but annoyance and absence, I was just zoning out while staring at the TV.
At this point I turned the TV off and decided to stare at the wall, the silence was dreadful so I decided to play something.

Black Out Days by Phantogram.

I picked the ten hour version and changed my LEDs to blue before going to sleep, tonight was the only night I got the sleep I needed.
Once my alarm went off, I jolted awake and was actually happy.

I took a nice cold shower to wake me up, once I got out, I brushed my teeth and did my skincare routine.
I decided I wanted to look good today and that I would talk to Jaden, communication is key and that was something that is very important for a relationship.

Scarlett's Outfit

    I looked like a business woman but that's alright, I felt really pretty and that's all that matters anyways

I grabbed my phone off the charger and brushed my hair down and behind my shoulders, I walked downstairs and ate some breakfast.

The sun was out today so that was a good start, I grabbed my bookbag and lunch.
I walked out of my house and walked to my car, I thought I would pick Xiomara up and we would drive to school together.

Once I got to where she lives, I parked my car and got out.
I wasn't frightened of where she lives, I mean not everyone can live in a good place besides she keeps her home tidy.

I knocked on the door softly in case everyone was still asleep, I waited for a minute before the door opened.
There stood the grandmother again, she had a smile on her face and she allowed me inside.

"Xiomara, tu mejor amiga está aquí. ¡Darse prisa!"

(Xiomara, you're best friend is here. Hurry up!)

I chuckled a bit and sat down on the couch, I watched as Xiomara's little sister walked out of her room and smiled at me.
She walked over to me and sat down beside me, she didn't say anything but she stared.

"You speak Spanish?"

The little girl asked with a chopped up sentence, you can tell she was only used to speaking Spanish.
I nodded slowly, the little smiled at me.

"Soy Rosalía, ¿cómo te llamas?"

(I'm Rosalía, what's your name?)

I bit the inside of my cheek but before I could answer, Xiomara came out of her room wearing baggy pants, an even baggier shirt and a bucket hat.
She had eyeliner and mascara done, her hair was done.

"Vete, no intentes robar a mi nueva amiga."

(Go away, don't try to steal my new friend.)

Xiomara hugged me, she grabbed her lunch and we left her house.
I started to fill her in with everything, she agreed with and there was a moment where she thought I purposely fractured Jaden's nose.

"God, it's so nice out. Maybe it's heaven?"

I thought aloud as we drove to school, we were listening to 'All For Us' by Labrinth and Zendaya.
Xiomara just chuckled and shook her head, once we got to school, I parked and unbuckled my seatbelt.

"Remember, you're good, I'm good, we're good."

Xiomara reassured me as we got out the car, I took a deep breath and nodded slowly.

"Yeah of course, heaven remember?"

Xiomara laughed and nodded as she grabbed my hand, we walked into the school.
Everything was going well, I got to put my things in my locker and then everything started to go wrong when we got to the cafeteria.

Jaden was there, at the baseball team's table, with Meredith sitting beside him.
Now that didn't matter to me because if you ended the relationship on a high note, y'all can be friends I guess but his arm was wrapped around her.

My heart dropped to my feet, I wanted the world to swallow me whole.
Friends don't hold each other that way, I know that.

I looked at Xiomara who was death staring the two, I'm guessing they felt it because both of them turned around fast.
Jaden retracted his arm and looked away quickly, Jaden wouldn't cheat.

I know he wouldn't, but I don't know about Meredith.
She's a she-devil and that's when she grabbed his hand and placed it back over his shoulder, this time he didn't even bother removing it.

" Nope, no, I'm definitely in hell. "

I sighed as we sat down at the table with Javon and Layla, so much for having a good day and feeling like this would be heaven.
If I thought I was about to speak to this boy with kindness and have a civil conversation with him, then I was way wrong.

It's time to go back to ignoring him and giving him all the attitude in the world, not saying it's required but it's necessary to make my point.
He does not get to ignore me and then pretend he can just send a note or message and pray that would fix everything, an apology and a calm conversation is good for fixing our dilemma.

But he's not ready for that, is he?