VIII. Do Not Enter

Chapter 8, Do Not Enter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Why don't you like being around me anymore? "

~ Third Person POV ~

After hours of watching movies and laughing at the dumb parts, Xiomara's time was up and she was now wanted back home.
Scarlett was now left in her room, which was darker than ever due to the sun being hidden in the clouds and her not wanting to turn on her lights.

Scarlett haven't spoken to Jaden at all after their interaction in the treehouse, she believes his actions weren't called for and she wanted to know the reasons behind it.
But like she thought before, she didn't want to know either.

There wasn't much to speak about or think about, Scarlett's mind was completely blank.
She thought about texting her friends but didn't, the problem she was facing didn't seem like it was too important.

After some silence, Scarlett got up from her bed and walked to the closet, grabbing her notebook and sitting on her bed as she fiddled around with her glitter pink pen.
Scarlett hadn't written a song in a hot minute so she thought that maybe she could make use of this situation, she wanted to feel like Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez.

She bit the inside of her cheek as she began to write her thoughts onto the page, she scribbled out some words that were either misspelled or just not the right words.
Once she finished the song, she sighed and looked away with a quivering lip.

All she wrote was how she felt, she didn't make sense of the situation but she just wrote the song in her perspective.
Usually she wrote it with happiness and with love due to the thought of Jaden but this time he was her sad thoughts, something she didn't like.

Scarlett couldn't hold in her tears, she allowed them to fall for a bit before she wiped them away.
Soon she got a notification, she looked at her phone only for it to reveal Jaden's icon.

He had finally messaged her back, Scarlett just sighed and took a moment before looking at the message he sent her.

Mufasa 🦁

Sorry, was busy. Talk later?

He didn't even elaborate or anything, just something dry and simple.
Scarlett decided to call him only for the call to be decline many times before she gave up, Scarlett began to get frustrated.

Out of anger, Scarlett threw her phone across the room.
She didn't even want to get up to check if it was cracked or not, if it was then it would give her a reason to buy a new one with a different number.

The thud must have been loud considering you could hear four pairs of feet rush up the stairs and enter her room.
Alana and Spencer rushed to Scarlett's side and hugged her tightly, the two didn't know about the issue but they knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong?"

Spencer asked softly as Scarlett looked up and at the two, she sighed trying to think of a way to get around this problem but nothing.
That's when she decided to come clean and tell the two everything that has been going on, gushing about Xiomara and tearing up at Jaden.

There was mixed emotions flying around the room that it was difficult to keep up, Alana nodded slowly and began to give her some advice in hopes it would cheer her up.
After consoling the poor girl, Spencer and Alana decided to give her some space so she can clear her head.

Once there was peace and quiet, Scarlett's phone began to ring.
Scarlett got up from her bed and slowly walked over to the phone, she prayed it was Jaden but instead it was just scam likely.

Luckily her phone never cracked, Scarlett grabbed her phone and clicked on Jaden's icon but didn't do anything.
She just stared at the profile picture which was a photo of her and Jaden hugging after winning a baseball game.

She sighed as the thoughts in her mind began to convince her that he was now bored of her and tired, she sat down beside her phone as she took a deep breath and let it go.
Scarlett grabbed her phone and smiled faintly at it, she loved the memories she created with Jaden but now she wasn't so sure he loved them as well.

" Why don't you like being around me anymore? "

Scarlett mumbled sadly, she turned her off phone and put it on the charger as she walked to the bathroom, she took a warm shower to relax her tense muscles.
She stood in the shower for a bit before coming out, she shivered as the cold air from her room touched her bare skin.

She changed into a hoodie and some shorts, throwing her hair in a messy bun.
A yawn left her lips, it was a little late and she did have school the next day so she decided to go to sleep.

Although she knew sleeping wouldn't fix her problems nor would it change Jaden's mood, she knew it would stop her thoughts from driving her insane.
Her dreams were no help though, she had nightmares beyond nightmares due to her overthinking.

So there wasn't much sleep during the night which meant she had a bunch of time to overthink her emotions and words, it didn't as upsetting watching Scarlett toss and turn during the night but she would feel better in the morning.
Or that's what she hoped anyways.