LXIV. Being Parents For A Day

Chapter 64, Being Parents For A Day
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I hate to break it to y'all but Daelo is my favorite so don't get your hopes up. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

With a week left before the wedding, everyone's been running around like a chicken with their heads cut off.
I, however, have been stuck babysitting my friends and their siblings because of our parents having to make sure we got everything ready for the wedding.

"Yo, we should low-key be parents for a day."

Javon said as he sat down beside me, waiting for Rosalía to run after him which she eventually did.
Rosa sat beside him and grab his hand so she can redo his nails, this time, they were matching with the color yellow.

"I'm actually down for that, where's Daelo?"

I asked curiously, if we were going to be parents for a day, then I wanted my favorite child participating.
Javon jusr shrugged and went to conversate with Rosalía as she did his nails, I sighed in annoyance since he obviously wasn't going to help me find his own little brother.

I got up from the couch and walked around his house, glancing around in hopes I would find Daelo but it was not use.
So, I pulled my phone out and dialed his number, it took a few rings before he answered.

"Hi Scar!"

Daelo exclaimed which made me smile, he always loved being around me no matter what.
It's something I adored about the little boy, besides he was a good kid to talk to even if he didn't look like he was good kid to talk to about your problems with.

"Hey Day, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with Wanna and Rosalía?"

I asked as I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge, I grabbed a cold water bottle and walked back to the living room.
Daelo hesitated for a moment, not wanting answer but I waited patiently, maybe he didn't know if I was going or if anymore people were coming.

"Are you going?"

He finally asked, I smiled and told I was going since it was Javon's idea but he wanted me to tag along.
Eventually I would've tagged along either way because the kid failed his driver's test twice, I don't think Xiomara would trust me to leave him alone in a car with her younger and only sister.

"Can Jaden and Xiomara come?"

Daelo asked once more, I chuckled and told him I would have to ask them if they wanted to tag along but chances are they would love to come.
With that being said, Daelo agreed to go and had hung up to get dressed for the little hang out we were about to have.

"Yo wanna, I'm gonna go home and change."

I informed the boy who was braiding Rosalia's hair, he looked up from the braid and nodded before returning his focus on the braid.
As I left the house, Jaden was just now returning from baseball practice, looking all sweaty and tired.

His face expressions changed though, with one glimpse of me, he walked faster and kissed me softly before hugging me.
I hated when he hugged me after a game or practice because he was sweaty, but I didn't mind it because of the affection I get.

"Wanna, Rosalía, Daelo and I are hanging out today. Do you want to tag along or are you too tired?"

I asked him as I kissed his cheek, Jaden agreed to come and walked inside of his house to take a shower and change.
When I got home, I walked upstairs and into my bathroom so I could take a quick shower before changing into an outfit.