XXIX. Bubblegum

Chapter 29, Bubblegum
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Have you ever watched the show, Team Umizoomi? I was petrified of the cat villain. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

Xiomara and I were speaking about her date, Jaysean took her to the movies and then they went out to eat.
It was so cliché but also so cute, I'm happy for her.

"Oooh, we should listen to 'Chanel' by Frank Ocean!"

Xiomara suggested as she grabbed the remote and began to type in the music, I grabbed the LEDs remote and changed the colors to green.
Xiomara grabbed some shades and put them on, as we blasted the music.

"My guy pretty like a girl and he got fight stories to tell, I see both sides like Chanel, see on both sides like Chanel."

Xiomara sang along as we grabbed both of my brushes and used them as microphones to sing along to the song.
I laughed as she urged me to sing with her.

"Swimming laps through the pool water, heated like I'm underworld, hide my tattoos in Shibuya, police think I'm of the underworld."

I sang the next part, we kept laughing like idiots at things that weren't even funny.
This was our friendship and how it went, we would point out stupid things and giggle at them.

Soon the song ended and we searched for more songs, the sun was setting so we lowered the volume and started to get ready for bed.
I laid in bed as we searched through Netflix to find a good movie or show to binge before we went to bed, I sighed as we found basically nothing.

"Oh, oh! Let's watch.. Sofia The First?"

I asked as I clicked on the show, Xiomara nodded so I put it on.
We sang along to the theme song as if we were little girls again, we stood up and started to do different Tiktoks.

"Girls like girls, like boys do! Nothing new."

I sang along to 'Girls Like Girls' by Hayley Kiyoko.

"Ain't that the truth."

Xiomara commented making me laugh as we scrolled through our phones, soon my alarm went off to let me know I had to go to sleep now.
I looked over at Xiomara who was placing her phone on the night stand and tied her hair into a ponytail, I turned the TV off and we went to bed.

The next morning, we woke up early than normal because Xiomara had to do her curly hair and I was just bored so I wanted to watch her do her hair routine.
I walked into my bathroom, brushed my teeth and got ready for the day.

There wasn't much going on when we arrived to the school, Xiomara sat with Jaysean.

"I forgot my mascara in my locker, I'll be right back."

I told the two as I got up from my seating and walked out of the cafeteria, I walked to my locker and looked at the door to watch who came in.
At the moment, I wished I didn't but I did anyways and got consequences for it.

In came Meredith holding onto Jaden's hand, he looked fairly miserable with her now and I enjoyed it.
It made me sound evil for enjoying someone else's pain but I just don't like how he switched up on me, for his own pleasure and probably Meredith's.

As we made eye contact, I felt a piece of my heart break off and die.
Everything felt like it was in slow motion, j sighed and grabbed my mascara.