XIV. Taking A Break

Chapter 14, Taking A Break
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      " I don't care, I really don't care anymore. Suffer the consequences of your own actions. "

  ~ Scarlett's POV ~

      "So do you think that Jaysean kid is like, single?"

    Xiomara asked as I did my make up, we were on FaceTime, getting ready for school.
  I put my mascara down and looked at her with a smirk, Jaysean's a good looking guy.

  "Yeah, why?"

  I returned the question as I got up from my vanity and walked over to my closet, I looked through it and smiled as she stammered over her words.

   "Say no more, I'll see if y'all can go on a date this Friday. Is that alright?"

    I grabbed my phone to check the time when Jaden's icon popped up, I looked at the small bubbles which were indicating that he was typing away.
  I set my phone back down and listened for the ding, I grabbed my outfit and changed.

   "Yeah, thanks Scar. Was that your little lover boy?"

   I rolled my eyes playfully and nodded my head as I brushed my hair, once I finished with my outfit, I walked downstairs.
  Xiomara was walking over to my house so we can walk to school together, she also haven't been over  to my house so now would be good.

   "I'm near your house, see you outside babes."

    Xiomara blew a kiss to the screen before hanging up, I smiled at my phone and decided to click on the message that Jaden sent me.
  I was a little nervous so I turned my phone off and took a deep breath, I then got the courage to turn my phone on and look at the message.

Mufasa 🦁

   Hey love, good morning.

   I didn't know what to say so I left him on seen, I'm sure he doesn't mind considering he had done the same to me anyways.
  There was a knock on the door, I sighed and walked to the front door.

  "Buenos dias chica!"

  Xiomara smiled, I pulled her into a hug and together we walked to school.
  She's not bad company, she can keep a conversation going without ever letting it get boring and if it does, she starts telling jokes.

   Once we arrived to school, she grabbed my hand and walked inside with me.
  We stopped by our lockers to put our things away when Meredith and Jaden walked into school together, it was just them two not like they came with a group.

  "Ignore them, you got me."

I smiled at Xiomara and slammed my locker shut, Jaden looked over at me and we locked eyes.
  I couldn't even find butterflies anymore, I was just annoyed with his presence because of how he hurt me a bit.

  He began to walk over, as he did, Meredith grabbed his arm and pulled him back.
  He smiled at her and whispered something in her ear, he walked over to me with a smile on his face.

  "What do you need?"

  I spoke up as he stood in front of me, there was nothing for me to say nice and I know that if I didn't have anything nice to say to just say silent but he needed some sass.

  "Can't I say hi to my girlfriend?

  Jaden asked, Xiomara looked at me and scoffed as she pushed her curly hair behind her shoulders.

  "Which one?"

Xiomara asked as she slammed her locker shut as well, I looked at her and chuckled a bit.
  Jaden looked dumbfounded as if he wasn't just with someone who I wanted to hit with a bus, I sighed and looked at him.

  "Scarlett, look I know it looks bad but I can guarantee you nothing is going on."

  He tried justifying his actions but it was no use, I just nodded my head and turned my heel.
  I began to walk to class when he grabbed my arm and spun me around, Xiomara turned back fast and walked over to us.

  "Need me here?"

   She whispered in my ear, I looked at and took a second to decide whether or not I wanted someone with me.
  I looked at her and smiled, I shook my head.

  She nodded and walked to our class, I looked at him with an annoyed look.

  "Can you just stop thinking the wrong thing for two seconds? Listen, we're just friends."

   Jaden explained as he moved his hands around, I nodded as if it was automatic at this point and took a deep breath.
  I didn't know what to say to him, but I knew we just needed a break from each other.

  "Maybe, we should just take a break from each other."

   I replied breathlessly, Jaden took a minute to process what I had just said.
  He looked at me and shook his head as he placed his hands on my waist.

   "No, no, we can should talk about this."

  Jaden tried to change my mind but I just shook my head and moved away from him, he had no idea that I didn't want him being friends with Meredith.

  " I don't care, I really don't care anymore. Suffer the consequences of your own actions. "

   I whispered softly, tears threatened to spill but I fought them back.
  I didn't want to cry while I was making my point, although it would hurt him more and make him understand how uncomfortable I was.

  Screw it, here comes the water works.

  Jaden looked at me and pulled me in by my waist, he bent down a bit and kissed me softly.
  Taking his time as he pulled away, there was the butterflies I've felt.

   "Goodbye Jaden."

  I pushed myself away from him and turned around, I walked to my class about ten minutes late but the teacher didnt mind.
  I sat down by Xiomara and stood silent, I didn't want to answer any questions and Xiomara understood that.

   "We'll talk later, FaceTime me tonight."

   Xiomara spoke quietly to me, I nodded slightly and began to write down my notes for this class.
  I didn't want this break to turn into a Ross and Rachel situation, I didn't want Jaden to believe that we were broken up and he goes out with Meredith.

   I was sinking in my thoughts and closed my notebook, I placed my head down and decided to sleep through this class.