LVII. It Was Her Time

Chapter 57, It Was Her Time
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" You told me you would take care of her! You're a damn liar and an ugly one at that! "

~ Xiomara's POV ~

The party continued until the night which was how all Hispanic parties are, you don't get to go home early.
You literally have to sleep at the party until it's considered over because Tía Marta threw up in the bathroom while Tío Luis is dancing on the table, I've seen this in person.

But when the party was finally declared over, Jaysean, Javon, Jaden and Scarlett stood to help me clean up.
My dad was talking to DJ and got a job at the Gym because he wanted to support us and be there for us, he didn't need to get a job.

"You got me matching shoes Wanna?"

Rosa asked as she looked inside one of the boxes which looked just like the pairs he had on right now, Javon looked at her and nodded.
Scarlett smiled and walked over to me, something was off about her.

"I dropped Layla, everyone did."

She breathed out as she helped me throw away the empty caprisuns into the garbage bag, I looked at her confused.
I waited for her to explain because it looked like she was struggling to even breathe on her own, I grabbed her hand and took her to the swings.

"Tell me what happened, I'll listen."

I reassured her as I began to swing a little bit, she looked at me and took a deep breath.

"She moved to Minnesota, she said it was because she wanted a fresh start. Now I didn't want to press on it but she didn't even say goodbye, she even dumped Javon over message."

Scarlett explained which was a dumb move, I looked at her and nodded slightly.
There was nothing else that needed to be said so we hopped off of the swings and raced each other, I smiled as I beat her.

"Are you and Jaden back together? I'm missing my Jarlett content."

I informed her as I continued to clean up the mess, Scarlett just laughed and shook her head but I know deep in my heart she was going to get back together with him.
Once the park was spotless, we said our goodbyes and hugged each other.

Jaysean carried a sleeping Rosa to the car and buckled her up, I grabbed his hand and walked him over to my dad.
My dad looked at him up and down and smiled slightly before shaking Jaysean's hand, they had to meet one way or another.

"Papí, this is my boyfriend. Jaysean, meet my father."

I introduced the two, Jaysean looked like he was about to burst into tears with the way he was shaking.
My dad found that amusing and laughed before pulling him into a hug, I smiled at the sight before kissing Jaysean goodnight and walking to the car with my dad.

"Mija, I like how he fears me. Makes me feel tough again."

My dad told me as he buckled up and started the car, I laughed at him and rolled my eyes as I did the same and looked out the window.
The car ride was spent on catching up with him and how he was excited to surprise abuela, he loved abuela like his own mother.

"Alright, I'll pick up little miss sleeping beauty. Are you sure you can handle her presents?"

My dad asked as we parked in front of the building and got out of the car, I chuckled and nodded.
I made my way to the trunk and grabbed as much as I could before closing the trunk and walking to the building, once we got in the elevator my dad looked at me.

"You still scared of elevators Mara?"

My dad asked using the old nickname he used, I looked at him and shook my head.
By now Rosa was stirring awake and was demanded to be put down.

"Okay! Stop, STOP!"

I screamed as I laughed when my father began to jump up and down in the elevator, I hated when he does that.
Once we got on our floor, we walked to the door and I unlocked it.

The lights were turned off and the house was dead silent, I set the gifts down on the table and turned the lights on.
I sighed as I read the note, my aunt left at six something due to being exhausted.

"Abuela! We're home!"

I screamed as I walked to her room, I opened her door and the lights were off.
She was laying on her side, I turned the lights on and walked over to her with a big smile on my face.

"Abuela, wake up. I have a surprise for you."

I said in a sing song tone, I crept over and shook her lightly.
I know she's a heavy sleeper so I shook her some more, I moved her onto her back and a scream came out of my mouth.

I dropped back and screamed louder as tears fell down my eyes, all I heard was my dad shout for me.
Rosa was running behind him but I screamed for Rosa to stay back, she didn't need to be traumatized by this sight.

I was frozen in fear and couldn't move, I stood in my corner as tears blurred my vision, it felt like all eternity that my dad wouldn't come.
But when he did, he stood dead in his tracks.

It was now two in the morning and I was pacing back and forth in the hospital, my dad was in the room with the doctors as Rosa was sitting down asleep.
When the elevator doors opened, out came the Waltons and Jaysean, along with the Delmonicos.

Scarlett ran over to me and embraced me with a tight hug so did everyone else, I was informing them on everything when I heard a scream and out came my father.
He had his hands balled into fists and behind his head as he bit his lip, he looked at me and shook his head.

Another scream left my mouth as I went to run into the room, I was held back by Spencer and DJ as Jessica and Alana stood in front of me.
Everyone was now surrounding me to keep me from running into the room, I was in tears.

I calmed down and ran straight into Jaysean's arms, he held me tightly and rubbed my back.
I looked at my dad before running over to him and jumping into his arms, he held me as I cried into his chest.

He set me down and kissed my temple, she was the only mother figure I had left.
That's when the elevator doors opened, I looked over and watched as my Tía Letí walk out.

"¿¡Qué pasó con Esperanza!?"

(Translation: What happened with Esperanza!?)

She asked, I walked away from my dad and charged at her.
If she would have just stood with my abuela then she would have still be here, I slapped her before Jaden and Jaysean grabbed me while Javon stood in front of me.

" You told me you would take care of her! You're a damn liar and an ugly one at that! "

I shrieked before I let out a choked up sob, Rosa was awoken by the screams and was taken to the Waltons house by Jessica, Daelo and Alana.
I crumbled down to the floor as I looked at her, I was destroyed.

"You promised you would take care of her..!"

I whispered shouted as I sobbed.

I'll never forget this night.