XXXI. Let's Be Friends

Chapter 31, Let's Be Friends
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    " You're just like my sneaker lace, always getting dragged and not that important. Sorry, was that not a good joke? Or is it only funny when you do it? "

  ~ Scarlett's POV ~

    We're back at school, yay...
  Can you tell that I'm so excited to see people I want to hit with my car?

  "Cheer up, Jesus Christ."

      Xiomara spoke out as she dragged me inside of the school, I groaned and whined as we walked to our lockers.
  She pinched my arm and gave me that Hispanic mom look warning, I sighed and grabbed my things.

   "Look, my intuition is telling me Willow is no bueno."

   Xiomara explained as I slammed my locker shut and looked at her, I nodded slowly and heard a familiar nail on chalkboard voice.
  There is Americas It girl, Meredith walked in and smiled.

    I grabbed my pencil from my bag and did a stabbing my forehead motion, I stopped when Meredith walked over to me with the fake smile she always had.
  Xiomara grabbed my hand and glared at the girl.

   "You look like you haven't slept in days, I mean I sleep better now with my boyfriend."

   Meredith let out a witch cackle, I looked at her and did what anyone wanted to do.
  I slapped the devil out of her, there was my red hand mark staining her cheek.

  " You're just like my sneaker lace, always getting dragged and not that important. Sorry, was that not a good joke? Or is it only funny when you do it? "

  I spat, but that's when I noticed it.
Jaden wasn't here, he didn't walk in with her.

  "Where's Jaden?"

  I asked as I looked around, I miss him but I didn't want him back. Yet at least.
  Meredith smirked and did a dramatic sigh before answering my question.

  "Well my boyfriend is coming later today, he's not feeling well."

  I grabbed her by her wrist and pulled he closely, I know Jaden's not my boyfriend but he's my ex and I still had those lingering feelings for him.
  We were face to face, very close that she could feel my minty, cool breath dancing on her lips.

   "Do not hurt him Meredith, if you do, I will drag you for the second time."

      I whispered before shoving her to the ground, I kissed both my middle fingers and showed them to her before grabbing Xiomara's hand and walking away.
  When people say always take the high road, they obviously never met a 5'5 girl with anger issues whose vengeful.

   When Meredith takes the low road, I take the express road to hell.
   She does not want to see how low I could go, especially for this boy who wasn't even mine anymore.

  The day dragged on and we were now at lunch, I watched as Jaden sat down at the baseball table.
  Everyone seemed to stop shunning him and start speaking to him, that was a start of forgiveness.

   "Willow's coming this way.."

      Xiomara bluntly alerted me, I looked up and watched as the girl made her way towards me.
  She had a smile that nobody could wipe, nobody but me of course.

   "I got tickets to the movies, Scream 5. Are you in or out?"

     Willow asked me, I was about to decline when I watched Jaden stand up and walk over to Meredith.
  I looked at Willow and smirked at her.

  "I'd love to."

     I answered, Willow smiled at me and walked back to her table.
  Xiomara punched my side causing me to groan in pain and look at her as I gripped my side, she looked at me as if I was making a big mistake which I was.

   Once the bell rung, I got up and made my way to the lockers to grab my schedule since I forgot what class I had after lunch.
  I watched as Willow left the cafeteria with a smirk playing on her lips, she looked at me and winked.

  In my mind and heart, I was captured by this girl but every pretty girl has the ugliest intentions.
   That's what I was taught anyways.

   Everytime an image of Willow played in my head, I couldn't stop hearing the song of 'Let's Be Friends' by Emily Osment.

    Let's be friends so we can make out, you're so hot let me show you around.

      I was snapped out of my trance when Jaden waved his hand in front of my face, I looked at him and bit back the smile I had coming.

  "You should come over tonight, I want to talk things out with you."

     Jaden invited me over as he grabbed my things for me, I loved those things about him.
  I was about to accept when I realized I had a date with Willow, I sighed and looked at him.

   He was trying to mend things but I was busy, I shook my head and turned around.
  We were now in front of my art class, I grabbed my things from his hand.

  "I have a date tonight Jay, maybe tomorrow?"

  I asked, I didn't want to not be friends with Jaden but I always didn't want to be around him right now.
  Does that make sense or am I just crazy and toxic?

  "Yeah, no yeah, for sure. Bye Scar."

  He smiled and turned around, I watched as he walked down the halls and took a left.
  I sighed and walked into the classroom, not only did I have to make sure Willow wasn't fake, I had to make sure things are fixed with Jaden.

  Or, I can make sure Willow isn't fake and I can try to take Jaden back, I need just one happy ending this time.

  Sounds like a solid plan Scar, let's go for it and make Meredith miserable during all of it.
  I love it when a plan comes together when I don't have any common sense left to over think it all.