Rashi- Itching

Rashi

The last 3 days turned out to be amazing. It was my childhood friend Kritika's marriage and we were at a beautiful resort for a destination wedding. Just family and friends for a close knit ceremony.

Kritika, Priya and I were friends since we were toddlers. We went to same school but growing up we chose different careers so moved to different places but are still best friends despite being miles apart. Kritika decided to get hitched first so here we were still single but very happy to attend her marriage.

Karan is Kritika's twin brother. Since they are twins they have common friends which are Priya and me. Karan decided to become a doctor so now I can proudly say that I have friend who is a doctor.

It was currently 2 AM. Priya and I were packing all our stuff as all ceremonies were over and we had to leave the resort early morning. I was so busy packing when I started feeling a burning sensation all over my face and arms. This was so irritating. I felt like scratching my face and arms.

"What happened to your face?" Priya asked me.

"I don't know I feel like scratching my face." I replied as I walked near to the mirror.

Priya moves behind me as i saw my face in the mirror. Blisters covering up my face, the colour has changed to red also. I saw my hands to see the difference. They too were covered in red blisters. I was looking horrible and feeling even worse.

"Where are you going?" I asked Priya as she was going somewhere leaving me alone here.

"I am calling Karan." Priya replied going out.

I tried to complete my packing and clean the room while paying less attention to the rashes. I was feeling hot too as if I had been running a fever. I cleaned up the whole mess feeling a little relieved as all my stuff got packed up.

I sat in the reclining chair waiting for both of them to come back. I closed my eyes to give some rest to my eyes immediately drifting into sleep.

Someone's hand on my forehead woke me up. It was a male's hand. I open my eyes to see karan standing in front of me.

"Do something Karan. There are blisters all over my arms and face. This irritation is killing me. I am tired of all this."

"Yes yes I will. Don't worry. I will take care of you." Karan speaks while pulling a chair and taking a seat beside me.

I felt relieved hearing that.

"Thankyou so much." - " keep your thankyou with you. I can see that you have a fever too. Anything else bothering you?"

"No"

"Ok tell me did you eat something new today you haven't ate before." He starts to question me.

"No"

"Any new cosmetic." - "I used Priya's moisturiser today"

"I am assuming you applied the moisturiser at the same places where it is now covered by rashes"

"Yes"

"So Rashi it is clear that you had an allergic reaction by the moisturiser you used today. The fever is also because of that. "

How well did he figured out the issue so fast. Just 2 minutes of conversation and he knows what's the issue.

But Priya is fine. OK I understand that I may be allergic to that moisturiser but Priya isn't.

"What are you gonna do now?" I asked him hoping he knows how to cure it.

"The medicine you need to take for this isn't available with me right now. I will go to the chemist and bring the medicine. Till then you need to wait." He tells me calmly.