Mehak - Part 2 - Ear Pain

Although not connected as it is different incident but you can still read Mehak - part 1 for reference.

Mehak

It's been one month since mum was discharged from hospital. These days were absolutely different. Although Mom had been recovering and couldn't do work as she used to before but she had been showering so much love to me that i have started loving her much more than before.

She says that i have grown up and she literally allowed me to go out with friends without her. We went to waterpark to enjoy ourselves while she had a followup appointment at the hospital.

My cousin Sejal has came to stay with us for a few days. She is 3 years elder than me. She will soon turn 18 which means she is almost an adult. She had also gone with us to the waterpark. We enjoyed so much.

Everything was good at the waterpark except at one moment when water entered my left ear. I felt a little uncomfortable for sometime but after that i was fine. Now i was feeling pain in that ear and i noticed some swelling behind the ear when i checked it myself in the mirror.

It was first day of work for mom tomorrow after the leave she had taken for the surgery. I could see that she was excited as well as nervous for resuming work. I had to tell mum about my trip to the waterpark but she was so engrossed in preparing herself for her office tomorrow that i couldn't talk to her. I got time to talk to her while having dinner. I told her about my ear.

"You are going to get that checked out. I will get you an appointment booked for tomorrow morning" She declared.

"But mom you have work tomorrow. Don't miss it for me. But how will i go without you?" I spoke.

"No i am not missing my work. You are going with Sejal. I will speak to Dr Vivaan regarding it. Don't worry he will take good care of you." She spoke.

i didn't expected this. I wanted my mom with me and not anyone else. I like Sejal but i didn't want her with me while i get a checkup. The situation was not under my control so i just gaveup.

The Next Day

I woke up feeling worse than yesterday. I had a sore throat along with fever and the ear pain was terrible. I felt like i was carrying a heavy burden on the left side of my face. It was perhaps a punishment for the enjoyment i had with friends. Nevertheless i had an appointment booked so i got ready. Mom dropped us at the hospital on her way to work and she said she will arrange someone to drop us home after the checkup.

We reached the hospital and the receptionist directed us to exam room. Dr Vivaan arrived immediately as we reached there.

"Goodmorning girls!!"

"Goodmorning Dr Vivaan"

"C'mon Mehak cheer up a little, let's get you u better soon" Dr Vivaan tried to make me happy as he must have noticed my expressions.

I took a look at the room as it wasn't a normal exam room. There was a big screen on one side of the room along with various dangerous looking tools. Dr Vivaan sat on his chair near the screen and asked me to sit on his right side. Sejal sat on a spare seat.

"I wanna have a look at your ear. Relax yourself" He spoke holding my ear and inserting an long instrument inside it. The image of the inner part of my ear was visible on the screen.

"I know it's paining Mehak but please bear it for sometime " Dr Vivaan spoke looking at the image of my ear. After a few seconds he removed the instrument.

After that he checked my nose and throat by showing light and inserting different instruments in them too. After that he checked my eyes and pulse.

A nurse came near me and took my temperature. Announcing 102. Even i was surprised hearing that.