Akansha - weekly injections

Akansha

"Dad, why are you going for one week, please prepone your coming back, come by 5 days." I ask my dad worried about something that may happen.

"I know Akansha, what are you worried about. Don't worry, my trip won't get postponed. I will be back on the 7th day." Dad says while packing his luggage.

My dad is a renowned doctor and he was going for a work trip for a week.

"Ok, as you say, I won't hear a sorry if you get late. I want you back on the 7th day."

"Akansha, you are almost 26. Get yourself accustomed to me not being with you. What will happen when you get married."

"Even if I get married, you will always be my dad and doctor too. No one can get that privilege."

"Oh, my little daughter, I love you so much, and you are my favourite patient too." Dad says while planting a kiss on my head and then hugging me.

"All your love is for your daughter only. What about me, Dad?" My younger brother Ayan says from the living room.

"I love you too, little monkey." Dad almost shouts so he could listen.

"I am not little anymore, I am already in your footsteps." Ayan replies back.

"Ya ya, I know, just keep my name up, now let me spend some time with my daughter." Dad says to him.

I know what he is going to do when he says, "Spend time." Therefore, I get myself prepared for it.

For the last 6 months, I have been getting 1 injection every week for the treatment of one of my conditions.

And today was that day when I was supposed to get that injection.

In fact, now.

Dad made his way to his medical stuff.

I made my way to the bed after locking the door and windows, the curtains covering the glasses.

It is only my Dad who gives me the injection and no one else.

That is why I was worried. What if he is not back on the 7th day. I don't want to take the injection from anyone else.

Plus, it can not be delayed even for one day.

"Dad, when will this end?" I ask my Dad after laying down flat on the bed.

Dad comes near me and keeps the prepared syringe on the table.

"We will check your levels after I come back. Then, decide whether it's going to continue or not." Dad says while he removes the clothes from the area he was going to inject.

He picks the syringe from the table, throwing the cap there itself.

"Take a deep breath," Dad says after cleaning the spot on my back with the cold wipe.

I do as he says, but i didn't feel the needle entering my skin. After some time, I feel the pain from the injection.

"Bas, bas, aur thoda sa,"

Very soon, dad takes out the syringe, and the pain ends.

It is not that painful.

But I am sure it's because Dad is giving it.

He is a very good doctor.

"Well done, my bacha, you are amazing." Dad says as he rubs the spot a little hard.

I kept laying down even after it was over, Dad came back after disposing of the syringe and held my wrist.

He always checks my pulse after the injection.