Raina- At cousin's place

Raina

I was enjoying my vacation at my cousin's place. I have 2 elder cousins - Virat Bhai and Simran di. Virat Bhai has become a doctor and Simran di is studying in college. I am "just" 16 as per them as they think i am still a kid now.

The last few days were amazing. Simran di and i enjoyed so much. We went shopping together and then watched a movie. She took me to her favourite Street food stall and we ate chatpata spicy food. She says Virat bhai always asks her not to eat at such places but she doesn't listen.

My mom didn't accompany me here as she had work and didn't have time for a vacation. So she let me come here and enjoy. At first i didn't want to come as Virat Bhai is a doctor and i am scared of doctors. But then i thought he was my cousin and he wouldn't be treating me here unless I fell ill.

Simran di had college today and Virat Bhai as usual would be going to his clinic but i didn't want to stay at home alone. Virat Bhai asked me to come to his clinic where i could spend my time reading books or whatever i wanted to do. I didn't want to go to the place which makes me scared. I was in a fix.

"Raina are you getting ready. We will be leaving after sometime." Virat Bhai shouted from the kitchen.

"No Bhai i would be okay staying at home. I don't want to bother you." I replied not wanting to go to his clinic.

"No Raina you don't have a choice. What will I answer to Megha aunty if something happens when you are all alone at home. Get ready fast we will be leaving in 15."

He will take me to that dreaded place. Time to get ready.

Time skip - after a few hours

Virat Bhai had left me with some of his books and his laptop in a spare room in his clinic. I spent time reading stuff that i didn't even realise it was almost lunch time. Just then Virat Bhai peeped in.

"Time for lunch. Come let's eat together in my cabin."

"Okay"

Both of us got seated on the couch and started eating our lunch. Virat Bhai started asking me some random questions about my studies and life.

"When was the last time you had a checkup?" He suddenly changed the topic to my health now.

" A few months ago." I lied.

The last time i had a checkup was 3 years ago. I hate doctors and hospitals. My mom also gives up when I don't agree with her for coming to the hospital for a checkup.

"Exactly when?" - "I had my vaccines when I turned 16 in August this year." I lied once again.

Mom had called a nurse at home to get me vaccinated when I turned 16 since i didn't agree with her to go to the hospital. That day was a torture. I was held down by my mum and the nurse had given me the vaccines.

"Are you kidding me. The nurse who had come to your home to give you the vaccine gave you a checkup."

Raina are you stupid, can't you guess mom would have consulted him after all he is a doctor.

"She had taken my BP temperature and other things when she came home to give me that vaccine. Wasn't that a checkup." I faked not understanding to cover my lie.

"No my sweet sister that wasn't a checkup. The bp and temperature was just to make sure that you could take the vaccine that day." He finished.

We had the rest of our food in silence. Thank God Virat bhai dropped the topic there itself.

"Simran texted me. She would be here after an hour to pick you up." Virat Bhai says while washing his hands after finishing off his lunch.

"That's great. I will wait in the same room till then." I spoke standing up to leave his cabin.