Amaira - Park injury

Dr Prateek

"Papa , see i got stars in both my hands." Amaira my 4 year old daughter exclaimed happily.

My most favourite part of the day ( apart from spending time with my kid patients) is picking up Amaira from school. She is the most cheerful at this time as she has so much to say about her day at school. Since I am a pediatrician I love spending time with kids especially my own kid.

"So you completed your tiffin and you got your 1st star. For what you got the other star for?" I asked her while making her sit in the car buckling her then moving towards the driver side and driving.

"I drew a flower. Mam liked my drawing very much. So she gave me a star." She said with enthusiasm.

"Well done my baby" I cheered.

We continued our conversation till we reached the hospital and went straight to my office. It was my lunch break so we both had lunch together at my office after which she took a nap and i had OPD.

Prachi ( Amaira's Mum)

I picked up Amaira from Prateek's cabin after work and took her home. My baby was asleep and Prateek was checking his patients so I quietly picked her from the couch and left. By the time we reached home she was awake.

Time skip - Later at evening

" Mumma I want to do the round about for the last time pls pls mumma." Amaira says almost pleading.

"It's almost an hour Amaira since you are playing. It's time to go home c'mon be fast one last time okay." - "Yay ok mumma"

She did the round about and immediately made her way to the slides. This girl you know is so naughty. As she was climbing the stairs she took her shoes off and dropped them in the ground. I picked up the shoes and saw pebbles filled in them. It must be uncomfortable.

Amaira was now barefoot in this park which made me worried. I removed the pebbles and tried to make her wear them but she was so busy playing that she didn't listen to me.

I suddenly spotted a big glass piece just at the end of the slide.

"Amaira stop don't slide there is a glass piece." I yelled at her.

But to my bad luck she didn't stop and ended up stepping on the glass.

"Mumma" she screamed in pain.

I immediately picked her up and hugged her. A large piece of glass was stuck in her heel. Oh God. Making her sit on the bench without touching her foot I saw the glass piece. It was so big.

"Mumma it hurts. Take it out." She sobbed.

I wish I was capable of doing so. This wasn't something I could handle. If I try to take it out and what if the glass piece breaks in her skin. I wish Prateek was here to handle everything. He would have easily done it. It was anyways his time to come back home.

"Don't cry my princess. Papa is here. I will take this out." I heard Prateek's voice. Perfect timing.

I saw him crouching in front of her talking to her to make her calm down and effortlessly taking the glass from the leg and passing it to me so that I could discard it properly.

"Prachi pass me your handkerchief." He asked and i gave it.

He tied the handkerchief in her leg so that the bleeding could stop. Amaira was now much calmer than before making me thank God.

At Home

After making sure that the bleeding had stopped and Amaira wasn't crying anymore, Prateek started dressing the wound. Unwrapping the handkerchief filled with blood, he applied Dettol at the heels. She whined a little as it must have burnt.