Ch. 5: Pet Peeves

On the way back to the Manor, Odalia was looking up everything a cat needs. Some organic cat food, a few toes, some fish, a scratching post, and special shampoo to ward off flees until the vet visit tomorrow.

'I can't believe I will buy this stuff for my daughter.' Odalia thought as she rode in the Abomitron again.

"Might as well get a flea collar while I'm at it, along with a name collar."

Odalia seemed to be on route towards a pet store and decided to get them now instead of later.

"Well, time to go get her some things." Odalia said.

She got out and walked into the store.

"Mrs. Blight, what can I do for you?" A worker said.

"I... recently got a cat and need somethings for her."

"Alright, Mrs. Blight, just tell me what you need, and I'll see if we have it." The worker said with a nod.

"Firstly, I need cat food, preferably both dry and wet."

"Ah, getting both types to see which one she likes, very thoughtful." He said as he went to get the best dry and wet cat food for the Blight matriarch.

He came back with a large bag of dry food and a few cans of wet food.

"Now, I recommend feeding her dry food in the morning and the wet food near the evening." He said.

"Noted, now, I think I should look at... litter."

'Oh, Mittens is going to hate this.' Odalia thought.

"We have plenty of brands of cat litter and plenty with odor eating magic infused in it. You won't smell a thing from your little kitten." The worker said as he gestured to the cat litter displayed next to the counter.

"Thank you." Odalia said.

Odalia was in the store for almost an hour. She got cat food, litter, litter boxes, food bowls, toys, a scratch post completed with a few ledges for her to sleep on, a flea collar, a name collar with the name Mittens on it, a few brushes, Pet shampoo, and some nail clippers just in case her claws get too long.

"Alright, Mrs. Blight, your total is 549 snails." The worker said as he counted the total of all the items, which the Abomitron came in to haul off the items she bought.

Odalia paid and left the store. She was thinking the entire way home.

'What if she never turns back?' She thought, 'I can't have the future owners of Blight Industries stuck as an otter and cat.'

What would the public to think if two small animals witches ran such a big company? Not to mention the Blight family line would be 1/3 cat! Or... otter, or... whatever the cross between and otter and a cat is.

"No, like Edalyn said, I need to be positive."

Odalia made it back to the Manor and went inside.

She saw that her older children were looking up at a bookcase, causing her to do the same and see Amity curled up to sleep on top.

"Now that's adorable." Odalia said, "Mittens, I have something for you."

Hearing her mother, Amity awoke and looked down to see she had returned! Hopefully she had news from Eda about this condition!

"Is it news from Eda?" Amity asked as she jumped down, landing on several shelves before Odalia caught her.

"Well, yes that, but also some other things." Odali said.

"Edalyn said that it may take a little time for her to contact one of her old friends, so I got some things to help you feel comfortable while you're like this."

Odalia put the collars on Amity.

"A collar?" Amity asked, immediately not liking this.

"I know, you hate this, but until you're back to normal, everyone outside of us will treat you like a pet. You'll need the proper tags if you don't want to taken to the pound." Odalia said.

"Fine." Amity said.

"Good, I have to get you an appointment for the vet, and then for a groomer." Odalia said.

Amity pouted with her ears flopping down, unintentionally being cute. This was going to be so humiliating to be treated as an actual pet.

'It at least brings me comfort that Luz is suffering with me.' Amity thought as Odalia showed her and the twins everything she bought for her life as Mittens the kitten.