Ch. 26: Trial and Error

Everyone looked to where Luz was and found her AND Amity missing! The ultimate downside of watching over a small is that they can slip away too easily!

"They were right here! Hooty, did you eat them!?"

"What?! Of course not! After I learned Luz and Amity were turned into small animals, I refused to eat them! Hoot!" Hooty said.

"Everyone, look for them!"

Eda didn't need to order them much after that as Gus, Willow and King began searching the den and kitchen while Odalia went upstairs with Eda to check!

"There's no possible way they got out, right?" Odalia asked.

"Not unless they snuck out with Lilith but why would they do that?" Eda asked rhetorically.

"Think about it." Odalia said.

"I am thinking about it but why would they?!" Eda asked as they checked Luz's room!

Eda opened the door and saw them, sleeping peacefully, cuddling with each other.

"Mmmm." Luz moaned as she snuggled next to Amity, her tail wrapped around Amity's.

All sense of worry faded from the older witches as they saw their daughters sleeping peacefully on Luz's sleeping bag.

"Oh, I got a little nervous there." Eda said, "Guess all the excitement just took all their energy."

"I suppose but that doesn't excuse suddenly running off without telling anyone anything. I honestly almost had a heart attack." Odalia said as she put a hand on her chest.

"They look so cute cuddled up together." Eda said.

"Yes....but Amity is grounded for worrying me like that." Odalia said to Eda.

"No question there." Eda said before leaving to tell the rest of the house.

Later, Eda fell back on the couch. This was tiring, there was nothing about this happening before.

'I knew taking care of a human child would be difficult, but I didn't think taking care of a human child turned small animal would be even more difficult. Even King wasn't this high maintenance.' Eda thought.

"Why does she have so much energy?"

King walked into the room and sat on the couch next to her.

"I don't know. Maybe it's just something with human otters." King said with a shrug.

In front of them, Amity and Luz were chasing each other in a circle... like that have for the last three hours.

"How can they chase each other like that for hours?" King asked.

"Maybe animal love is crazier than normal love." Eda said with a shrug, "And honestly, I don't know which I like less."

Suddenly, Amity managed to catch Luz and sent to them both tumbling towards the side couch.

"Got you!" Amity said was she nuzzled their noses.

Luz licked Amity's cheek.

"I love you."

"I love you too." Amity said as she licked Luz's cheek.

"Ugh, and here I thought you couldn't get any mushier." Eda said.

"Jealous?" Amity asked with a Cheshire grin.

"Say that again, and you'll be spending the night in a cat carrier." Eda said with a frown.

Amity pouted, which made her look cuter.

"Don't worry, Amity. I'll spend the night with you in the carrier." Luz said.