Ch. 18: Cat Scratch

At the Owl House, Amity was sleeping on the couch when Luz came up to her.

"Amity? Hey, Ami."

"Luz, what did I tell you about cats?" Amity asked, not opening her eyes.

"I know but that doesn't mean we can't snuggle while you sleep. Just think of me as a warmer, softer pillow. Luz said to her.

"Fine." Amity said, loving the idea of cuddling Luz.

Luz moved closer to Amity so she could lay in front of her as she left, making Luz into the perfect fluffy and warm pillow. Amity started to purr.

'She really is....so warm and fluffy.' Amity thought.

"Did you know that Otters will hold paws so they don't float away from each other?" Luz asked.

"I didn't know that."

Luz put her paw on Amity's.

"Mmm, it's soft." Amity said as she smiled in her sleep.

Luz nuzzled her nose against Amity's cheek. The duo chirped/purred in delight as they soon napped together once again. In the Blight Manor, Odalia was getting ready to pick up Amity. After some tea with Lilith, she had calm down enough to think rationally and hopeful enough that the children will turn back gradually. Odalia walked outside and got into a carriage.

"To the owl house." She told the Abomitron driver.

'Perhaps another transformation can counter theirs?' Odalia thought.

That thought was perhaps their best chance at returning the girls to normal but if it wasn't permanent, they would need a daily or bi-daily system of potions ready like Eda with her curse fighting elixirs. She wondered the entire way to the Owl House.

'I'll have to ask Edalyn if it's a good idea and ask for her potions expert afterwards.' Odalia thought.

Odalia made it to the Owl House and opened the door. Since Hooty recognized that she was now a friend, he let her in whenever she pleased like he did for Gus and Willow. She found the animals on the couch, with Eda sitting next to them.

"Hey there, Dali." Eda said with a wave.

"Look at these two." She said, pointing at the two of them.

Odalia smiled at them, finding them so cute, until she remembered what came to mind on the trip here.

"Edalyn, I have a question." Odalia said as she sat on the couch arm.

"Shoot." Eda said as she gave Odalia her attention.

"Do you think this.....seemingly long-lasting transformation could be countered by a special elixir or potion?" She asked the owl lady.

Eda looked at her. Deep in thought.

"I... don't know."

'I mean, it could work but this isn't exactly a curse like mine. And to do it, we might need sample from when they were still human to make a large batch.' Eda thought as she rubbed her chin. 'But if it DID work, they would have to take it daily, maybe twice daily, and they could still live their normal lives.'

"There's... a lot of what if's in that kind of situation. I don't entirely know if it will work."

"But I feel it's the best option outside of waiting." Odalia said.

"I'll look into it, but I make no promises." Eda said.

"That's all I ask." Odalia said as she gently picked up Amity, holding her in her arms.

Luz seemed to notice a missing warmth as she rolled around before slowly opening her eyes.

"Oh, Mrs. Blight, you're here."

"Hello, Luz." Odalia greeted with a smile to Luz.

The two of them could truly be considered friends with how Odalia held no more animosity towards Luz anymore.

"I guess it's time for Amity to leave?"

Odalia nodded before trying to wake up Amity.

"I wouldn't do that! Amity said cats need at least 20 hours of sleep a day." Luz warned her.

Amity started yowling, unaware of where she was, all she knows is that she keeps getting woken up and is sick of it.

"Whoa mama!" Eda recoiled, looking at Amity as she freaked out in Odalia's arms!

"Mittens, calm down! It's just me!" Odalia said as she struggled to hold Amity while trying not to get scratch by her claws!

Amity jumped out of her mom's arms. Luz saw her coming towards her and stood up, catching Amity in her arms as they both rolled off the couch. Amity was fully awake now. She looked down to see her girlfriend was under her for some reason and we nose to nose without noticing.

"Hi, Luz."

"....Hi, Amity." Luz said.

"Why are we on the floor?"

"I can answer that." Eda said, gazing down at the two. "You freaked out in your momma arms during your nap and tackled Luz to the ground. She must be your favorite snuggle pillow to nap against."

Amity tried to sink into the ground and covered her eyes with her paws.

'This is so embarrassing!' Amity thought!

Odalia picked her up and ran a hand down her back.

"I don't blame you for your reaction, so it's alright Mittens." Odalia said to her.

"Now, say goodbye to Luz and let's go home."

Looking to her girlfriend, Amity saw that Luz was smiling lovingly at her and didn't look angry from being tackled.

"Bye, Luz." Amity said softly.

"Bye Amity!" Luz said, waving her paw.

Odalia smiled at her positive attitude, finding it very refreshing to help lighten the mood.

"Come along Mittens, I have to get dinner started."

Waving Eda and Luz goodbye, Odalia left the owl house and returned to her cart for the ride home.

"So, did you enjoy your time with you little girlfriend?"

".....Yeah, I did." Amity said, still embarrassed. "How have things been at home?"

"It was... good."

She decided not to tell Amity about the costume the twin got her.

"How did dad take the news?" Amity asked her mother.

"He couldn't believe it until Ed and Em showed him a picture along with those videos Edalyn did." Odalia answered.

"That's going to be a fun conversation." Amity mumbled.

'With you dressed in a princess cat costume.' Odalia thought.

That would definitely be a moment to photograph for a scrapbook or photo album. Odalia rubbed Amity's chin.

"You'll be fine."

Amity purred from this as she calmed down but still wondered about how her father will react to seeing her like this in person.