Ch. 7: Getting Down to Business

In Blight Manor, Amity was looking at a litterbox.

"Seriously?"

Edric and Emira were holding back laughter as their mother kneeled next to Amity.

"I know what you're thinking but ask yourself this, would you still be able to use a toilet WITHOUT falling in as you are now?" Odalia asked her.

"Can you at least leave?" Amity asked, jumping into the box.

"Sure." Odalia said, "I don't know why you two are laughing, you're going to be cleaning it."

"What?" Edric said in surprise.

"Mom?!" Emira said in shock.

"What, do you expect your sister to clean it? She's a cat." Odalia said, walking away with the twins trying to get her to reconsider.

Amity smiled, all of a sudden, she liked this thing.
'Revenge is a dish best served not cold but putrid.' Amity thought as she began her business in the kitty litter.

When she was done, she covered it, mostly out of instincts. She jumped out of the litterbox and walked to her scratching post. She started to claw at it.

"Enjoy cleaning that, Ed and Em." Amity said as she dulled her claws against it.

Hopefully the smell would be enough to get their attention before Amity went to get them herself.

"Good news, Mittens, I have gotten you an appointment at the vet tomorrow." Odalia said.

Amity jumped to the platform of her scratching post, that met eyes with Odalia.

"I'm getting shots tomorrow, aren't I?" Amity asked.

"Most likely."

"Ugh, that was never pleasant as a witch. I doubt that it will be pleasant as a cat." Amity said with floppy ears.

Odalia scratched Amity behind the ears.

"I'm sure you'll be fine."

Amity hummed from the scratching before she purred, leaning into it before she came to her senses.

"No, no! I will not purr. I am better than that." Amity said.

"Are you better then Luz? She didn't have a problem chirping when I scratched her." Odalia said with a smile.

"I... I don't want to act like a cat. I'm afraid I'll lose myself if I give into my instincts." Amity said.

"I could assume that would be a worry but don't worry, you have your family and friends to bring you back." Odalia said with a nod. "And no, I won't be the woman I was before. Your girlfriend, Luz, helped me see that."

"Y-y-you know about that?"

Odalia went back to scratching Amity behind the ears.

"Yes, and for what it's worth, I approve of her." Odalia said.

This time, Amity allowed herself to purr.

Hearing that her mother approves of her relationship would bring any girl to ease, especially a girl like Amity who always worries about her family's bad influence.

"With that being said, I want grandkids one day, not kittens."

Amity stopped purring as she blushed, embarrassed by the words but liking the thought.

"MOM!" Amity screamed.

"I'm just saying, Blight Industries can't be run by a cat and an otter."

"B-B-But we haven't even reached that level yet!" Amity said with a stutter.

Odalia lightly patted Amity's head.

"One day you will."

Odalia tossed a toy, a small plastic ball with a bell inside, to the middle of the room and Amity jumped off the scratching post and chased it. Looking to the litter box, Odalia could smell Amity's business and found it rather pungent. It had to be dealt with now, right now by the twins.

"Emira, you need to clean the litterbox, while I get dinner ready!"'

"Aw what?!" Emira was heard!

"HA!" Edric mocked her!