Ch. 24: The Cute get Cuter

At the owl house, Luz was sleeping when she felt the house shake. She opened her eyes and groaned. From a distance, she could here Eda.

"I meant to do that!"

'I'm afraid to go see but my curiosity won't let me NOT go see.' Luz thought as she got up.

Luz walked over to her pond on got in. A quick swim would help wake her up a bit more before she went to see what mess Eda caused in the house.

'I'm probably going to regret going down there.'

After a few minutes of swimming and a trick or two in the pool, Luz got out of her indoor pond and shook herself dry.

"Alright, time to go see what happened."

Walking as calmly as she could, not in a rush, Luz went down the steps and into the den to look for Eda or King. She found Eda, soot covered her face.

"Do I want to know?" Luz asked

"No." Eda said as she coughed a bit, smoke coming from her mouth.

"What were you doing?"

"Nothing." Eda said as King came walking by, covered in soot.

"She tried making a reversal brew for you and it blew up in our faces, literally." King said.

"Eda, you don't have to blow up for me." Luz said.

"Well, what am I supposed to do? I gotta think of something." Eda said as she wiped her face clean of soot.

"Maybe... just help me accept this?" Luz suggested.

"Luz, you aren't going to be stuck like this... mostly because your mom will kill me when she finds out."

That made Luz chirp sadly, having purposely not thought about how her mother would react to her being transformed into an otter.

"Hey, look at me kid, this will all be behind you soon. You'll be back to normal." Eda said, "I promise."

"I know but...." Luz said, still doubtful.

"No buts." Eda said firmly, "You'll be back to normal in no time."

"And if not, at least you're cute. Surprisingly, a lot of people like cute things." King said with a groan.

"Thing is, nothing will stop me from getting you back to normal." Eda said.

'She sounds like me when I tried to find a cure for her curse.' Luz thought as she smiled at Eda.

"Thanks, Eda."

"Anytime, kid." Eda said as she went to pick up Luz and pet her.

"Oh, that feels good." Luz said.

"Little to the left, now the right! That's the spot!"

Eda had reached Luz's best spot to be scratched as she chirped on her arms. Too bad the doorbell rang and Hooty opened up!

"Ding dong ding! Hoot hoot!" He said.

"Who is it?" Eda asked, not paying attention.

"It's Gus and Willow! Come to visit their dear friend, Luz." Hooty answered for them.

"Oh... do they know about this?" Eda wondered.

"They do." Luz said.

"Then let them in, Hooty!" Eda said as Willow and Gus walked into the house.

"Oh my, Titan." Willow said, "She's even more adorable in person!"

"Who's a cute little critter? You are. Yes, you are!" Gus said as they walked to Luz, cooing at her.
Luz stood on her hind legs, making them gush over her even more.