Ch. 20: We are Family

Before anyone knew it, tomorrow morning had come.

"Are you sure this is wise, Odalia?" Alador said.

Odalia was preparing the spell.

"I want to bond with my daughter, I've failed as a mother, and I want to rectify that."

"I can get that, but you have to be careful with these things." Alador warned her, surprising even himself about how wise it was.

"Dear, I've done this spell a thousand times."

"I'm not talking about the spell."

"...I get the feeling I know what you're talking about but I don't think I like it." Odalia said to him.

"I know you wish to be a good mother, but try and keep in mind, that Amity is still getting used to that."

Odalia sighed to her husband, nodding to him. She was still going to do the spell, but she won't let it change her or make her change Amity further to be cat like.

"I understand."

"Great, I'll be at the factory the entire day, and the twins will be hanging out with a few friends, so it will be just you and Amity."

"Alright then, have a productive day." Odalia said to him.

Odalia gave him a kiss and the Manor was empty, apart from a single cat. Odalia performed the spell and a green Persian cat replaced her. She may be a different woman that she was a few weeks ago, but she'll be damned if she becomes a filthy stray. She is a purebred after all.

"Now, to find my little kitten." Odalia said as she jumped from the table in her room and headed off to find Amity.

Amity was sleeping on the kitchen table when she felt something nuzzling her.

"Hmm?" She let out as she opened her eyes, looking up to see a green Persian laying next to her.

Though, somehow, Amity could tell who this was and was very shocked to see her like this.

"Hello, mittens. I apologize for the interruption, but I feel like this needed to be done." Odalia said.

"Mom? What happened to you?"

"Nothing bad, the spell I used was temporary. I just wanted to spend time with my daughter. I know I was far from a good mother for years and have only recently begun to be better, but I want to show that my feelings are true." Odalia said as she nuzzled her head against Amity's. "I love you and care for you greatly and I'm sorry if I could never show it the RIGHT way."

Amity responded by licking Odalia's cheek.

"I'm glad that I can finally have a mom that cares about me."

Odalia smiled and started grooming Amity's fur. She let this new body take the wheel, trusting her instincts as she groomed her daughter. Amity purred while her mother cleaned her. Odalia picked her up by the back of her neck and brought her to the top of Amity's scratching post. Both of them laid on top as Odalia curled around her daughter so she could keep her warm as they nap together.

Amity gave Odalia one more lick to the cheek before closing her eyes.

"I love you, mom." Amity said.

Odalia smiled.

"I love you too, my little kitten."

Both Blight cat laid on the post and slept the day away, not waking until the twins and Alador returned home in the afternoon.

"Edric, take a picture." Emira said quietly.

"You read my mind." Edric said as he pullout his scroll and took a picture, several actually.

Alador looked at them.

"They look so calm and peaceful."

He hoped they could have more moments like this after Amity turned back, their family could truly use more moments of this. Maybe they could even take a better family portrait. He looked at the current one. He noticed that Odalia was the only one that looked happy, and even he knew it was because she was in control. Maybe they could finally have some happiness.

'We can finally be the family we always thought we could be.' Alador thought with a smile.