~What you mean to me~

May or may not be smut 🤪
~~~~

Davina

"Xavier?! What the fuck are you doing here!?"

We both just stare at each other until my eyes trace down his face to see a gash in his cheek.  Blood was running down his face, some of it already dried out. How long has he been bleeding?

"Xavier, what the fuck happened to you!?" I make my way around the kitchen island and grab hold of his face. I run my finger near the gash and he winces in pain. "Shit. Im sorry."

Letting go of his face I open the cupboard with the first aid kit and grab it. "Sit." Xavier follows my instructions reluctantly and pulls the barstool out to sit.

"God Xavier you scared the ever living shit out of me. I thought someone had broken in." I start opening the kit, pulling some cloths out.

"Yeah sorry. You also didn't lock the door. You need to get better at that.." We lock eyes and my body relaxes at his voice.

With the cloth in hand, I put alcohol on it and gently wipe the blood off his cheek. "It doesn't look that deep. You sure you still dont need to get this stiched?" I ask looking at his tired face. "I think it will be fine." He says sighing.

~~~~

We sat in silence as I patched up his cheek and put healing cream on the gash. I still hadn't repeated the question of how it happened. I don't think he wanted to talk about it right now to be honest.

"All done." I walk to the cupboards and put everything away. I place my hands on the sides of the sink and let my head fall. I feel Xaviers hands wrap up from behind me, and I let out a sigh.

"Its late. We should get to bed." He softly says to my half asleep self. I nod and we lock everything up along with turning all the lights off.

When we get into bed he pulls me to him and i allow it. I lay my head against his chest with my arm wrapped around the top of his head.

"All my whines for nothing. Only 2 days." He looks down at me. "I guess the universe doesn't appreciate us apart either." He says with a slight chuckle. I smile and look away.

It was 4:30 am and we still hadn't fallen asleep. I had to much on my mind. The guy at the diner and party, and Xavier showing up at my house at three in the morning. I can only imagine he was thinking about whatever situation he had gotten into to get the gash.

I close my eyes and let sleep wash away my thoughts. Along with my worry, nerves, and anger.

~~~~

My phone rings, waking me up. Rolling over, I grab the phone, Emma was displayed on it. I look at the time. 6:12 am. Letting out a groan, I shut my phone off all the way, flip back around in the bed, and nuzzle closer to Xavier, who was still asleep.

"Someone's awfully cuddly." Xavier says waking up. Giving him a smile I plant a kiss on his lips. He returns the smile and lets go of me. Xavier turns to grab his phone off the beside table and stares at it blankly. Soon after he completely powers it off.

"Xavier..." He looks down at me. "..what happened?" I ask while redirecting my view to his cheek. "...I got into a fight with Theo." We both sat there looking at each other.

"Why?" I finally say breaking the silence. Xavier sighs and starts sitting up against the headboard, making me sit up as well. "Remember the guy I told you about who killed our parents?" The bitch you mean? Id jump him.

"Yeah..?" I reply. "Well we found out the trip was useless. There was no vampires there... it was a setup. A fucking distraction." Xavier says his face becoming angry. I think angry.. at himself?