~On the road~

First of all GODDAMN?!

I gained 1k readers in 24 hours over a TikTok post! I only expected at least 300 people to see it? Naur Currently rn I have 3000+ likes and 16k views on that single post. Yall popped off!

I want to thank those interacting with this story like adding it to yalls lists/commenting, and voting. It means a lot

Trust me when I say I'm going to try and make a strong schedule since I am basically free all summer. With that being said what I'm thinking is I will post 2 days a week and sometimes I will post a bonus chapter on a day I'm supposed to be on break.

My current want in a posting schedule will be me posting Wednesday and Friday. Possibly Sundays also.

If something comes up and I'm not able to post i will post 2 chapters the next time i update as a sorry <3 Bc I'm cool and nice like that.

Again thank you to all the new readers. Even if you dont really like my story thats ok bc this is my first story, and I get that it might be kinda bad at the beginning.

If you see any mistakes pls tell me nicely!

If you have something funny you want to comment, do it bc I have an amazing liking in humor.

Love yall! Let's get on with today's update <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we hit the third hour on the road, Xavier pulled over to a gas station to fill up the tank. It was currently two in the afternoon and I was on the verge of falling asleep. So much had happened in the past 12 hours. From Xavier walking into my apartment bleeding at 3 in the morning to something sensual before class to then witnessing Xavier bet beaten up by the guy who killed his mom. 

And now I'm on the road heading to warn my friends that Henry; who also killed their parents- was in town. You might be wondering "Davina why didn't you just call them?" ah yes well Xavier told be that the town they were sent as a distraction, was in the middle of a desert with zero reception. I know what a coincidence.

"Here I got you a slushie, it's hot for it being fall." Xavier says getting into the car and handing me a slushie. I take it and send him a small smile. It was a cherry slush. Perfect. It's my favorite flavor. I used to get slushies with Hayden all the time. That was one of our bonding things. Every weekend we would go to the gas station and buy slushies and go to the park. 

I wonder what he's thinking right now. Wondering what the hell I'm going through. I can just hear him trying to talk me out of it all saying, "Davina this is all such bullshit. Walk away this isnt real. It's all a dream. I mean c'mon... Vampires?!". Sounds like something he'd say.

I turn to look at Xavier looking at me with enjoyment. "What?..." I ask him as he picks up his hand, and brushes some of my hair behind my ear. "I just can't get over how lucky I am that I have you love." There it is again. He called me 'Love' again. It gave me a weird fuzzy butterfly feeling in my stomach. I could only smile at him. My brain couldnt think of anything to say back in that exact moment.

"You're right, because what would you do without me." He chuckles at my joke, and rolls his eyes at me. "Probably be lonely, and miserable my entire life." He says back as he starts the car back up. "Thats so not true! You have your family." I say reminding him that his adoptive family is still existent. I havent really formed strong bonds with them either. I should probably do so. I have a feeling I'm going to be around them for a while.

Xavier takes one hand off the steering wheel, and places it on my leg. "It's not the same. As rude as this sounds, you mean much more to me. I l-" He stops mid-sentence and tenses. I feel an awkward cloud form in the car, as I see him get nervous. For what? I have no clue. He didn't say anything wrong....

"Xavier?" I ask placing my own hand over his. He turns my way and nods in response. "Sorry if this is out of the blue, but I just realized you never told me. What happened to your dad?" He sighs at my question and readjusts in his seat. "The ass left when I was eight. Said my moms researches were taking away more time that needed to be for attending him. Like giving him beers, feeding him, being his-.... his thing." He says sounding a little more aggravated.

I take a moment to register the information before I ask another question. "Did even bother trying to get custody of you after your mother was killed?" Xavier scoffs and looks at me. "That piece of ass only ever wanted my as a punching bag." My eyes flutter out of realization. God thats not something I expected. 

"He was abusive?" I ask a little more towards myself, but she just hums in response.  Im so sorry I asked." Gripping his hand I start drawing circles on it. He quickly takes his hand out of mine and cups my cheek. "Hey, It's ok. Im just glad he's out of my life. You shouldnt be ashamed about wanting to know more of my past. It's my way of making it up to you after our big fight." I turn my face to his hand and plant a kiss on his palm. "And I appreciate that." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Davina, love, wake up we're here." Im awaken by Xavier's soft voice, and I slowly open my eyes. I look around and see a Victorian looking hotel with quite a few cars outside. And by few I mean maybe sixty. "Where are we?" I groggily ask Xavier as I stretch. "This is the Hotel they are staying in. We can just talk to them and book a room for tonight. It would be pretty late if we decided to drive back to Lakeville." The clock on the car displayed '8:37 pm'. "Ok." I agree and start to get out of the car, Xavier following my actions. 

When we get inside the hotel we book a room on the second floor near the rooms of Theo, Sam, Lidia, and Freya. In the elevator I start drifting off again before Xavier places his hand on my back to attempt to keep me awake. "Dont fall asleep on me yet love." I laugh and, move to the front of Xavier, hugging his body, and resting my head on his chest. "Sorry I'm just exhausted." He hugs me back and leaves a kiss on my head. "Just a couple more minutes and we can go to bed."

The elevator dings as we arrive at the second floor, making me retreat from my position. Xavier holds my hand as we walk out of the elevator, and make our way to Theo and Sam's room. When we come to the door Xavier knocks on the door and soon after Sam opens the door. He was shirtless and had a bag of chips in his hand. 

"After Theo punched you I thought we outta call you a runaway.... Or an orphan." Sam says laughing towards the end. This causes Xavier to give him a small laugh back before Theo appears at the door. "Xavier? What are you doing here?" Theo then notices me and furrows his eyebrows. It takes him a moment before He looks back up at Xavier. "Something happened didnt it? What, and who was it?" Xavier sighs.

"Someone came back. I dont think they're here to just visit...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thats today's chapter <3 I won't update tomorrow since I'm updating today, but I will update Friday!

See yall then <3

Total words: 1358

Date published: 5:49 am July 12, 2022