{45}- Back to the deep end

Before we start ......

..... 🥲damn. Anyways, please comment! I miss talking to yall!!!!

 Anyways, please comment! I miss talking to yall!!!!

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

My mind is running wild with possibilities of where I had gone mentally and physically before I stood here in front of a concerned Xavier and Theo. "I just remember... you walking up to me just now." This only seems to make them even more concerned.

My headaches are in pain and I wince and cover my forehead with my hand. "What's wrong?" Xavier brushes my hand aside and looks at me. He takes a few seconds to think and something seems to click in his mind. And it was clearly nothing to be happy about.

"Im going to fucking kill him!" Xavier loses his cool and his anger is shown in all the ways and forms you could possibly think of. He steps back and points at Theo. "The bastard is going to regret he even showed his face to us again." His jaw clenches and he runs his hand through his fluffy black hair.

He comes back to reality and looks over at a still distorted, frightened girl whom he probably wishes he had never laid eyes on and brought into his world of danger. "Hey," Xavier walks back to me and I just stare. "C'mere." He takes me into his arms. Completely letting my body relax more.

"Do you want water? Do you need to sit? Do you need me to get you something?" Xavier starts rambling and I just slowly shake my head and pull back, looking up at him. "I just want you to hold me..." My words fill the silence in the room and I see Xavier look at me with so much sorry before he engulfs me back in a hug.

"This is all my fault..." He whispers lowly, brushing down my hair, and holding me as close as possible. I suddenly feel a sharp pain again and when I look to my side I see Theo whispering to Sam, Freya, and Lidia, who were now in the room as well.

"That piece of shit..." Theo shakes his head at the information and looks at me with sympathy. I pull back from the hug slightly, looking up at Xavier. "I don't understand what happened...."  He looks down at me, leans down, and plants a kiss on my head. "C'mere." 

When he leads me to the couch and we sit, He holds my hands in his. "From you not knowing what happened, we can only assume that Henry put you under a compulsion." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "He most likely made you forget the interaction." A shiver runs down my spine and I look down.

I look around not knowing what to think, but it's now that I see the folder still unreviewed. "What's in the folder?" Everyone looks at the folder laid on the coffee table, almost as if they just now noticed it as well. "That's not important right now-" I shake my head when Xavier tries disregarding it.

Whatever was in that folder had to be important enough to the point where henry had me deliver this to them. I hated that. I hated that he used me as a post office. As stupid as this sounds, I'm just a normal 18-year-old that's trying to get by in this danger-filled world. And he completely took advantage of the one weakness I have.

Being human.

Everyone reacts in shock when I lunge to grab the folder and Xavier stands up quickly trying to get it as well. "Davina-" I run around the coffee table, away from his grasp, and open the folder. But god, do I regret it the moment I do.

I open it and stare in shock at the files with pictures attached to them in the corners. Just when I thought I was finally getting the idea of how everything in their lives (now mine as well), I'm tossed back into the deep end. 

"What the fuck...." I whisper under my breath as I stare at the files of my parents.  "Davina, those are-" Xavier catches a glimpse of the files I was cluelessly staring down at and snatches them. "Xavier!" I try to grab them back and he holds them away. "Davina go to the room." His cold tone and stare make me stare up at him in shock.

I shake my head and hold my hand out for the file. "Give them to me." Everyone else in the room was silent, watching the scene unfold. "Xavier, I said give them to me-" When I raise my voice at him, he interrupts me. "I said go!" ..........

Everything seems to stop when Xavier yells at me. Time. The voices. The thoughts. Everyone's breathing. It all just Stops.

"I- Davina...." Xavier quickly seems to want to take back what he's just done, but I'm already halfway across the living room and heading toward my room. I'm already tearing up when I shut the door behind me. He had just yelled at me like never before. He had just sent me into shock. He had just chipped my heart.

When the door opens I turn around with tears pouring down my face. "Davina, please I didn't mean-" Xavier takes a step towards me, and when I take a step back he looks down at my movement. I whimper as I continue crying. "G-get o-out." I stammer as I try to breathe in between my cries. 

"Love, please I really didn't mean to." Xavier looks at me with teary eyes. I had hurt him as well. "You've never yelled at me like that before." I sniff and choke out a sentence. "I know, I'm really fucking sorry." I see the regret on his face and a tear rolls down my face. 

I whimper once again and my entire body goes limp, and my tears start to come flooding out. Xavier uses his speed to hold me up straight. "I don't know what to do Xavier..." I cry uncontrollably into his chest as he holds onto me for dear life. "I know love. I know."

"I'm such a bother to yall." I choke out. "I'm so fucking weak. I can't even defend myself." Xavier's arms unwrap from my body, and his hands hold my teary face. "I'm a worthless h-human." Xavier furrows his eyebrows in pain. A tear of his own falling down his face.

"No," he says shaking his head. "No. You've never been a bother to me. You aren't weak. And you most certainly aren't worthless." I gasp to breathe, and he continues talking. "What you are is an amazing person who hasn't let all of this crazy bullshit affect her. You handled it like a champ. What you are is a strong, brave being that has stood by my side." I breathe as he leans closer.

"What you are, is the love of my life...." 

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

Sorry, I haven't posted in over 1-2 weeks. I had to take a moment to breathe for school.

See yall next week!

Date posted:  10/10/22

Words: 1203

Time posted: 1:01 am