{54} After

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

"What happens next?" I ask laying my head on Xavier's shoulder. We all sat on my bed, planning our escape out of this hell. As much as I loved the reunion it kills me to think that in only an hour I had to watch them leave again. 

And back to my solitude.

"First, you ask to see me. Say something along the lines of you want to break up with me." His voice is calm and it almost disguises what we are doing. As if we seriously aren't planning to escape and risk it all. Risk our lives.

Risk the world.

"I trust that you will still figure it out if they refuse." Xavier looks down at me on his shoulder and I lock eyes with him. "Of course." He smiles and looks back at Theo who sat against the headboard. "When you get there you obviously put on a show. A distraction." He states looking between me and Xavier. We both nod.

"While yall put on a theater act, a group of our alliances goes fetch Calvin and henry. They will be brought in, thinking that we have somehow escaped." He continues. "As they walk in, the door will lock behind them." Theo then looks over at sam. Sam smirks and looks back at him. "And the real show will begin." 

Sam, Theo, and Xavier go on to explain that they will have Sam, who was never really tied up properly, come loose from his restraints and go for Calvin. I'll already be kneeling next to Xavier so I'll have to use a cloth that I will have already brought in my pocket and yank at the knot of Xavier's own restraints. 

While all of this goes on, the group of our alliances will go for Henry and my parents. Xavier and I will free Theo, Lidia, and Freya. After, we would have to escape out of whatever base they had us in and run for it. 

But there's something I hadn't spoken to them of.

"There's something I have to share." Everyone looks over at me and waits. I inhale and Echale before I tell them. "There's a diffuser. A diffuser of radiation that they have to activate and unactivate all the vampires that are turned." They all look at me dumbfounded. "I overheard them saying that by activating it, it will send all the vampires that currently exist into an almost feral mode." 

Xavier slips his hand into mine and I allow my hand to grip his as if he could suddenly slip from my grasp. "And by unactivating vampires..." I look down at my hands. "Well, it will apparently cure the vampirism." I feel someone get off the bed and I look up. I see Lidia almost smiling, happily though. 

"Are you saying that they have this thing in their possession, Here?" She asks. I slowly nod and look up at Xavier. "I think we need to get a hold of that device. Not only for the use but because it's obviously not safe around vampires with a wish of taking over the world." Xavier exchanges a look with Theo after my opinion. "She's right." 

Bingo.

"Fine." Theo nods and sends a hand through his hair. "While we are beating the hell out of these motherfuckers, we will have some of our alliances go get it." He says. 

We then all fell into a comfortable silence before my yawn broke it. "You need to sleep, love." I shake my head and close my eyes. "No, I just need to rest my eyes." I hear him groan in annoyance before he pulls my body into his lap, making my head lay on his legs. "Sleep. You need it." I keep my eyes closed but I still speak.

"When I open my eyes yall are going to be gone... I'm not ready." I whisper as I feel myself slipping out of consciousness. "You'll see us tomorrow. And we will be leaving this place." I feel Xavier's hand brush my hair soothingly. 

I then continued to slip in and out of Cousnioucess. Afraid that they would leave me. Even though I knew they were going to. 

"Hey Xavier, when we get out of here, you're treating me to build a bear and food. You've owed me for a while." I hear someone say. This makes them all laugh but unfortunately, I'm too out of it to actually hear who said it. I just hear the words but no voice to accompany them.

Everyone goes quiet for a second before Xavier speaks. "I've owed you since the eighth grade haven't I? Of course, I'll take you. Matter of fact I'll take all of you." He says laughing. How sweet.

"Is she asleep?" Freya asks. Xavier's hand strokes my hair again. "Yeah." He replies. "We have about fifteen minutes left," Freya adds. 

No.

"She's going to be so upset when she wakes up." Xavier's voice has turned soft and light. "I hate leaving her." I hate it too. "We all love her man. It's ok, we are going to get her out of here. We are all getting out of here, and then we can spend as much time with her." I hear sams voice comfort Xavier.

They begin talking again but sadly, my wave of tiredness hit again and everything goes silent and dark. Damnit. I wasn't fucking ready.

Please. 

I hope a miracle allows me to wake up and I'm wrapped up In Xavier's arms. 

Please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes fly open and I sit up way too fast that my vision blurs. I blink furiously until I can see straight. What I also see is that I'm alone. Alone in my room of hell. With everyone gone but the feeling of anger lingers. 

I hate this.

Not three seconds later my door opens. When I look to see who it is I am my so-called mom. What I would give to tell her she's about to lose it all. But I won't. I want to watch her experience it.

"Good morning honey." Good morning bitch. "Morning mom."

"How did you sleep?" She asks walking in all the way. I stare at her for a second before I respond. "Good, thank you." My smooth conversation with her makes her smile. Don't get used to it.

"Mom?" I pull the covers over my legs and stand. She looks at me with confusion. "Can I ask you a favor. My only one." My mom looks at me almost as if debating. I know she didnt fully trust me yet. She shouldnt, but for my sake...she better.

A sigh fills the scilence and she speaks. "What is the favor?" I got this.... "Can I see Xavier?" Imidiatly as those words leave my mouth she spins on her heels and starts for the door. "Wait! Its not for what you think mom!" I yell in a fake pleading voice. She takes the bait and stops.

"I want to break up with him but I want to say it to his face. I want it to be directly from me. Please mom." She turns and looks me dead in the eye. "Davina you better not be lying to me right now." HEr voice is stern and the fake loving mother is stowed away. 

Not that it was real to begin with. I couldnt care less.

"I promise you Im not." I take a couple steps towards her and place my hand on her shoulder. "I think you're right. I dont need Xavier. I just need you and dad." Ew. that was the grosses thing i've ever had to say.

"You mean it?" She asks, her loving face appearing on her face once again. Oh god. "I mean it." We both go quiet and she looks at the wall. "You get six minutes max. Lets go." And she turns to start walking out of the room.

I did it! I actually did it! 

Davina- 1     Mom- 0

"Are you coming or not?" I look up at her and come out of my thoughts.

"Yes, yes im coming."

What's also coming is the end of her want to be rein of the world.

Cause she just fell into my trap.

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

Date posted: 12/19/22

Words: 1373

Time posted: 6:57 pm