~Birthday girl~

Chapter 42! <3

(the song is to be played when you get to Davinas pov!") DONT BE A QUIET READER OR I DELETE THE CHAPTER BEACHES!!!!

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

"Is this the one?" The jeweler asks. I stare at the piece of jewelry and I know it's perfect when It reminds me of Davina. "Yes. This is the one." The woman smiles back at me and grabs a box. 

I impatiently bounce my leg looking at my watch. It was eleven-thirty in the morning, and I was shopping for the perfect birthday gift. Before you get confused, I'm not proposing. That is for further down the timeline. I was buying her a promise ring. 

"Here you go." I hand her my card and she swipes it. I hear the machine ping when it goes through. She looks sorta shocked that it works and slowly hands me the box. "Have a nice day sir." The woman says as I walk away with the two thousand dollar ring. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

(3 hours later)

I throw the plastic wrap in the trash can of our bathroom and look at my skin. It already healed. I grab some of Davina's lotion and rub it on my skin. Then I pull down the sleeve of my long sleeve shirt. As soon as I do that I hear a rustle from the bed. 

I peek my head out of the door to see Davina stretching in bed. "Xavier?" She pats my empty spot on the bed groggily. I chuckle and walk over to the bed and sit down on her side. "What are you-" When she finally sits up I grab her chin and bring her lips to mine.  At first, she doesn't register what's happening but eventually, she does and places a hand on my cheek.

She grabs my face from both sides and slowly pulls away. "Good morning love," She smiles and my heart smiles as well. "and good morning birthday girl." I quickly start tickling her, and her giggling fills the room. She falls onto the bed and I continue tickling her.

"Stop!-I'm going- your gonna make me pee myself, Xavier!" Her body balls up and I see her peeking over at me with a smile. I find myself taking in her features, her beauty, and all I can think is...

She's perfect.

When I finally stop, I wrap my arms around her and cover her face in kisses. She somehow manages to climb on top of me and straddle me. I lay under her in defeat, and she leans down and kisses my cheek. "What with the long-sleeved shirt?" She asks running her hands down my arm. 

"Dunno'. I was in the mood to cover up." I respond, causing her to squint her eyes at me in suspicion. For a moment I get nervous, but then she shrugs her shoulders, leans down, and wraps her arms around my neck. Her body seems to relax onto mine, and she lets a breath of comfort out.