{53} Reunion

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

{One week later}

For the past week, I've only been trying to "repair" my fake relationship with my parents. Giving them small thankyous and brief smiles to get them to think I'm falling for their care after having my heart "broken". 

The only bit of information I've gotten out of them was when I asked what they were going to do with me. They told me they were trying to branch out the population of vampires. That the humans were only to be our food. The cattle farm of our farmhouse.

I internally wanted to barf at the information but externally I nodded and continued eating. They would let me out of my room only to eat and to have "family time". But after they had their fun with me they locked me back up in my room. 

Today was different though, they told me to go back to my room, without them following me. Instead one of the guards that always stood to the side escorted me. But I couldn't help but notice that they radiated the same scent I smelt right before I picked up Xavier's note. 

As we walk to my room I always make sure to take in the details and layout of the house, or whatever we are in. It seems like a normal house, only the lack of open windows from boards. The hallway to my room is long and it's at the very end. The house must be huge because these hallways and rooms are spacious. It almost felt like Xavier's house.

"You're welcome." The guy walking me to my room says before I walk in and have the door to my room shut. I sigh and stare at the door. I think I'm starting to go crazy in here. It's a repeating cycle to have to watch this door shut. Watching it shut me out of my freedom. I hate it.

I'm about to place my head on the door but I hear a rustle behind me. I quickly spin around terrified to see what was in there. In my room, I had sadly and weirdly found to be my only safe place.  But this, this was in no way anything to be terrified of.

The first thing I see are green eyes. My eyes dart to the dark hair and the muscular figure. My vision seems to pan outwards and finally focus. "Xavier..." I'm suddenly grateful for my speed ability from being a vampire when I can quickly dart into Xavier's body. Wrapping my arms around him.

We both jolt at my fast, and aggressive movement. "Woah, careful." He whispers before wrapping his own arms around me. His arms around me feel like a shield. A shield that I hope won't ever come down. This shield was the only thing keeping me from losing my mind.

"I-" I pull my face away and look up at him. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes. But for once in a long time, happy ones. "How?" When I ask he smiles and he bends down, laying his head against mine. "The guard outside is the one who delivered the note. The one on our side." He explains brushing his thumb against my cheek.

God the comfort I found in the little things he did.

"You don't understand how sorry I am Davina.." He starts but I cut him off by placing my hands on either side of his face and bringing his lips to mine. We both breathe into each other, letting this heart-stopping reunion take over.